Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 2 weeks ago #56590

Jonny Retro wrote: I wonder what happened in case like this- unwanted gift they simply couldn't be bothered with? Really incompetant (or genuine dexterity issue)? Bought to keep occupied during retirement/illness & died soon after?


I'd go for the bothered option...or even financial issues. I'm saying this because the same seller also sold me an XR311 in the same state as this Willy's Wheeler



Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Manotas.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 2 weeks ago #56591

:huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 2 weeks ago #56592

  • Al
  • Al's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Devilsome!
  • Devilsome!
  • Posts: 436
  • Likes received: 138

Manotas wrote:

Jonny Retro wrote: I wonder what happened in case like this- unwanted gift they simply couldn't be bothered with? Really incompetant (or genuine dexterity issue)? Bought to keep occupied during retirement/illness & died soon after?


I'd go for the bothered option...or even financial issues. I'm saying this because the same seller also sold me an XR311 in the same state as this Willy's Wheeler




Nice finds, Manotas. Man this dude wasn't even trying, but well done you.
I love that chassis. I just wish they'd re-release the Cheetah as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 2 weeks ago #56593

Yes the xr chassis is interesting but always too expensive for me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56729

Jonny Retro wrote: Shiny B)

But wow, the 'roo bar & support aren't half yellow :blink:


Guys i need some advice :

I’m preparing the body for painting, actually still sanding it but i’m going to apply the primer tomorrow.

Do you think that i also should paint that bumper (ro bar at the front and it’s support) in white or leave it as it is a bit yellowed?

Thanks for your advices
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56730

Manotas wrote:

Jonny Retro wrote: Shiny B)

But wow, the 'roo bar & support aren't half yellow :blink:


Guys i need some advice :

I’m preparing the body for painting, actually still sanding it but i’m going to apply the primer tomorrow.

Do you think that i also should paint that bumper (ro bar at the front and it’s support) in white or leave it as it is a bit yellowed?

Thanks for your advices


Before you paint, try whitening them with peroxide. I've done it and it works!

Tutorial by Jonny Retro here:
tamiyabase.com/...h-peroxide
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56733

  • Al
  • Al's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Devilsome!
  • Devilsome!
  • Posts: 436
  • Likes received: 138
I agree with Lars.
Try peroxide first.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56734

larbut wrote:
Before you paint, try whitening them with peroxide. I've done it and it works!

Tutorial by Jonny Retro here:
tamiyabase.com/...h-peroxide


Thanks for the hint
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56736

Yep peroxid and sunshine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58039 Willy's Wheeler build from new 1 month 5 days ago #56738

It works best if you add some kind of cleaner with "oxy" in it to the peroxide to activate it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jonny RetroAndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok