Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Astute Parts - Gear Box Case Part, and Gear Box Cover 4 years 5 months ago #57203

Hello - I'm new to TamiyaBase, and very glad to finally be here.

I recently acquired an Astute in excellent condition.

Today i am looking for a gear box case part, and the cover that screw attaches on the underside of the buggy.
The parts that came with the buggy are in excellent condition generally, apart from one very fine crack in the gear box case, from over tightening, and all three screw holes in the cover are cracked.

If anyone can please point me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, Thinking i might make a few minor mods so i can run it, lightly. I have a set of Carsen wheels that look OK on it, and will work well for light running.
The buggy already has alloy hubs, Can anyone please recommend upgrades to the rear end links? I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Thanks, :)

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by NicholasTory.

Astute Parts - Gear Box Case Part, and Gear Box Cover 4 years 5 months ago #57204

Welcome to TamiyaBase, Nick!
The gear box cover you mention is known to break because of the countersunk screws.

There's a Astute A-parts tree for sale on eBay (aussie seller). The A-parts include both the gearbox cover and the gearbox itself.

If you haven't already, have a look in the manual for the parts I mention above.
tamiyabase.com/...anual58080
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Astute Parts - Gear Box Case Part, and Gear Box Cover 4 years 5 months ago #57205

Done! Bought them. Thank you so much.

Nick.

Astute Parts - Gear Box Case Part, and Gear Box Cover 4 years 5 months ago #57209

Welcome on board Nick.

Astute Parts - Gear Box Case Part, and Gear Box Cover 4 years 5 months ago #57215

Thank you!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.