Keyword

TOPIC:

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59593

You are both very kind to explain.

The adjustment I can see is where the steering arm ball joint can be housed (3 positions). Or can the servo savers be tightened?

Sean

Long time since I had one of those.
But if I remember correctly, you tighten the nut on top of the angled steering arm on top of the axle.
That will clamp the top and bottom part together.

Edit: See step 34 in the manual.
Tighten the nut on top of that spring that goes into the axle housing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59594

I'll give that a try. Many thanks

Sean

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59599

Yes, the servo saver can be tightened. Clamp it all the way down.

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59602

My clod still work with locked nuts. And with its original c505 graupner servo. It was abused by a 6 to 10 years old child during 87 and after. (Me)

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59603

My clod still work with locked nuts. And with its original c505 graupner servo. It was abused by a 6 to 10 years old child during 87 and after. (Me)

That's how these things work. You either tight firmly the front saver or replace for a fixed one like I did. My truck works perfect and it has the cheapest Futaba servo you cold get back in the late 90's. Here's an old picture I found of it so you can see the aluminum block installed in place.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Sean63

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59661

MAKRED IMPROVEMENT Many thanks all. I tightened the front servo saver down and now it steers much better!

I was just about to raise another issue of a gearbox slip I noticed - only to discover that the hubs are spinning in the tyres!

Not sure I want to glue them as it always seems a bit final and not easy to undo......

Now onto sourcing a front grill. Anybody got a broken/tired/cracked/distorted grill they would swap for some other spares?

SEAN

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59663

Elastic band(s) in the rims, or three tiny dabs of superglue ... you don't have to use a whole tube per side of each tyre like some I've seen, not even whole drops - squeeze the tube so a drop is forming but not falling & poke a cocktail stick or something similar into that.

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59664

Great suggestions. You are all very kind

Sean

Last edit: by Sean63.

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59665

Shocking - rubber bands installed and we have liftoff! Much quicker off the mark and the brakes work better too - MANY thanks.

I removed twice the weight of the rubber bands in fluff and crud from the underside! Never had the wheels off before I don't believe and was shocked as to how filthy it was under there! Another horror story was found though . . This beast has never been ball-raced! Another job to do, I guess ebay has sets of bearing for the Clod... Any better retailers out there?

SEAN

Clodbuster - odd steering 3 years 11 months ago #59666

www.rcbearings....earch=clod (I'd opt for the rubber shielded set), discount code at tamiyabase.com/...r-benefits :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.