Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60025

Many years ago I bought parts to revive the torsion suspension on my Cheetah. I put the long steel rectangles away safe and have just tried to use them. Unfortunately they are not long enough.... Or am I doing something wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60028

Vintage cheetah & XR311 both use plastic torsion bars, only the XR311 has been re-released & only that has the metal strips, plus (presumably) some other fittings and/or modifications.

IDK know if the XR311 parts will (or can be made to) fit the older chassis. Plus, there is a wheelbase difference between the Cheetah & the XR311 ... I can't remember which is longer & whether it's the front or back end that's the problem.. my guess is it's the Cheetah is longer at the back.

:)

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60029

Cheetah is longer I believe. There is nothing to put the metal strips into, even if they were longer. I guess I'm going to face defeat and put the old girl on eBay. I've got the box so I imagine it will sell OK.

There is a post on here where a guy built the ends and used spokes for torsion bars..... Dunno if I want to proceed or not.. I'm not going to run something this fragile.

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60030

Thank you for the length info guys. I was sure that xr311 and cheetah were the same chassis. This type of chassis is interesting.

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60032

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, the XR311 is the longer chassis.
I don’t see why you can’t update the suspension for the Cheetah. This was something I had planned to do at some point for a runner.
If you buy the E parts tree for the XR311 re-release you should be able to change the wishbones as well as the torsion bar end pieces. All you would need to do then is cut down the front new style metal torsion bars.

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60034

The vintage Cheetah and XR311 use the exact same chassis. The difference is how the front suspension is mounted. (much like the Group C chassis, when I come to think of it...)
The Cheetah is the shorter wheelbase (256mm vs. 246mm)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Cheetah Issues - I was done! 3 years 10 months ago #60037

Thanks Lars.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.