Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Super Astute (2018) #47381 - Motor / Pinion Gear issues 3 years 1 week ago #65762

Good Day all

I really need some help!
The Tamiya Super Astute Kit does not provide a motor.
No problem there, I have a Tamiya Mabuchi Torque Tuned motor and a Tamiya Super Stock BZ in stock
The Astute manual actually recommends a brushless motor, I thought that was surprising.

That said, the motor shaft on the Mabuchi is barely long enough to install the pinion gear. So, the grub screw is just engaging the motor shaft by a few mm's The Super Stock has a longer shaft and should be okay.
The SS motor manual cautions that the motor "cannot endure the motor rotation with plastic bearings" and recommends change those bearing to ball bearings.

Questions...
- Does that mean change any plastic bearing through out the model?
- Are there pinion gears available with a longer shaft, that would be suitable?
- is the SS motor too powerful for this model?
- any other options available??

Thanks to all for any thoughts that you can provide!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya Super Astute (2018) #47381 - Motor / Pinion Gear issues 3 years 1 week ago #65772

Those has 0.5 module gears, so you can check if there is any that deliver those.
Dark Imackt seems to fit according to this topic: www.tamiyaclub....tor-query/

Tamiya Super Astute (2018) #47381 - Motor / Pinion Gear issues 3 years 1 week ago #65773

thanks Capri...I'll check it out
thanks again for your reply!!
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.