Keyword

TOPIC:

58034 Super Champ 1 year 10 months ago #71747

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Jon, I didn’t even realise that plastic piece used at the back was an actual replacement part. Thanks.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58034 Super Champ 1 year 10 months ago #71748

I kept it empty jonny😂

58034 Super Champ 1 year 10 months ago #71750

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

You did well to find a correct rear bumper :y: B) I'd keep hold of the (Parma?) folded plastic replacement though, I'm sure at some point it will have some value, if it doesn't already.

For reference, this is my "collection", from top:
- a fragile, cast original rear bumper (not in the greatest condition, but fitted to my "Sunday best" Super Champ);
- machined Pargu replacement (bit too angular & the machining marks make it look different, fitted on my Super Brat);
- old DIY steel machined/welded replacement (holes don't line up but I'm keeping it as it has a sort of BITD homemade charm). 

tamiyabase.com/...ptions.jpg

@ stingray - they all do that, that's why they have the reservoir bottle :D If you want to keep oil in it for display, pull off the pipe near the shock & stick a ball bearing in :) 

Jon, I’m using your Super Champ “ light resto “ build as reference.
So the rear A arms are different on this car compared to the other SRB’s, in that they are symmetrical ??
And the rear shock oil bottle I assume just leaks !!!
Cheers

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

58034 Super Champ 1 year 10 months ago #71751

... Jon, I’m using your Super Champ “ light resto “ build as reference.
So the rear A arms are different on this car compared to the other SRB’s, in that they are symmetrical ??
And the rear shock oil bottle I assume just leaks !!!

I'm not sure you should be using that as a reference - especially on the rear suspension :) ... that had a "mk.1" arm one side and a re-release the other, neither of which are correct. From re-reading that thread it looks like the Super Champ arms should have 5mm pivot holes to the rear (rather than the 4mm of the other SRB models) with m3 threads for the retaining screws on both sides - any symmetry I think as unintentional consequence of that, rather than "correcting" the matched pair of rear arms on any other SRB (with the holes on only one side, so one is "wrong" or at least not bookmatched when fitted).

It's the seal in the bottom of the brass shock body that's the problem ... like the previous leaky SRB shocks, I _think_ there's a seal in there, with a brass insert to hold it in & the end of the body peened over at the factory to hold them both in - but it's not user serviceable. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Lemsko

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71798

Hi Al,
Really nice Super Champ you got there..indeed it will need a bit of TLC !

I'm jumping in a bit late in your thread, but i have a bunch of spare parts (without body) if needed ! Just let me know !

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71806

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Hi Manu, it’s never too late to jump in.
I don’t suppose you’ve got one of these spare ??
I thought I’d do a dry build tonight just to check everything after having cleaned all the bits up.
Considering the pressure put on this by the rear shock, that snapped off very easily !!!!
Tonights exercise was to test bits out not break them.
And I thought I had everything ????

Cheers Al
Attachments:

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71807

I checked in with Antony at Tony’s Tamiya Parts and the body shell is being re-released, so I’m going to get one. I’ve ordered the sprue with the driver and spot lights.
I will look at fixing the original body, but I think that might be more of an experiment.

A lot of local shops have recently got the 47304 Fighting Buggy back in stock.  So the re-re parts will probably start to pop up.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71812

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
That’s a good option, I see they’ve redesigned that piece. I’d rather keep it original, but I may well get the re-re parts if I can get them.
I see looking at the manual for the new version, the rear shock has changed quite a bit as well.

Cheers Al

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71814

If you need any pics/info, I have an unbuilt Fighting Buggy.

58034 Super Champ 1 year 9 months ago #71815

Hi Manu, it’s never too late to jump in.
I don’t suppose you’ve got one of these spare ??
I thought I’d do a dry build tonight just to check everything after having cleaned all the bits up.
Considering the pressure put on this by the rear shock, that snapped off very easily !!!!
Tonights exercise was to test bits out not break them.
And I thought I had everything ????

Cheers Al

Hi Al,
I’m almost sure that i have one of them!
I will check this this when i’m home and let you know!

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.