Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MRC Thunder King 7 years 9 months ago #38988

The mailman hasn't brought it yet, but there isn't a "What did you accidentally win on eBay today" thread, so....
I just won this after placing one bid on it and nobody else did :whistle: At least it was less than my £40 nominal price ceiling.

After some research I have found that it is a MRC Thunder King and is approx 1:8 scale!
Not quite sure what I think about it yet. I think I have a truck bodyshell that will fit and some Wheely King wheels/tyres that also might fit cos the tyres are knackered.
It has twin motors and (should have) twin steering servos!
Are those motors worth anything?

It's here. I'll post some more photos once I've taken them.
It's big! Tyres are totally shot as I thought and one is missing, which was quite carefully hidden in the photos. Not that it matters much as they are unsalvagable anyway - it just leaves a bit of a bad taste.

Wheels look to be about 3 inch (75mm) dia. Any idea where I might get tyres to fit?
I haven't investigated the rear wheel fixings yet, but fronts have bearings which look to be Tamiya (5/11?) size.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MRC Thunder King 7 years 9 months ago #38989

But you have all 4 rims yeah? Well I have a set of Tamiya TXT-2 Tyres that's close to your number ;) (85mm x 45mm)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

MRC Thunder King 7 years 9 months ago #38990

Thanks Andy. Yes I've got all 4 rims. I haven't measured them yet, so not sure if the numbers are right. I'll let you know.

MRC Thunder King 7 years 9 months ago #39055

I've measured them now - 80mm dia x 55 wide, so those tyres would prob fit. Good to know that there are some off the shelf tyres that will do the job.

MRC Thunder King 7 years 9 months ago #39056

I found these too which may be more affordable than the TXT tyres :)

LOOK HERE
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.