Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 9 months ago #51113

Stingray, did you send your email address. all I saw was a thumbs up.
mine is buhleted

Thanks

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: redacting email adress

Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 9 months ago #51114

Look in your private message. ;) I mail you.

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51148

"Techniplus" doesn't help much on the exact model of any of the RC gear; it's been used on multiple models with a different numbers of channels, different frequencies, variatons from different countries, even steerwheel transmitters from pretty much the dawn of RC (well, 1978) up until the end of 2015.

A BEC equipped receiver can usually only cope with an input voltage of up to 8.4V; but later 2.4GHz sets (short antennas) generally don't have BEC at all, so need a separate module or a "safe" ESC (a 20 year old set won't be 2.4ghz though).

BEC was developed in the early/mid 80s as a way of saving weight, space, and running costs (fewer AA cells) on RC cars; as this is a tug with a lead acid battery I'm guessing at least 2 of those aren't at a premium.
There is (was) a valid reason for having a separate radio battery supply (at least on 6v/7.2v with mechanical speed controls) - the motor/drive battery can go flat enough that the motor can keep spinning, but there's not enough volts to drive the radio ... typically this used to mean that your RC car would run backwards in slow circles until you ran to pick it up, or it got run over :whistle: Not so relevant with 12v with an ESC on a boat.

Depending on age/model, any ESC not made by Tamiya almost certainly outputs something between 4.8v and 6v on the "+" wire (red) in the 3-way plug. However, at 20 years old - and with external heatshinls, I'd test it with a multimeter to be sure.

R/N = reverse/normal, i.e. if the boat goes astern when it should be going ahead, or port when it should be going starboard, you can flip the relevant switch on the transmitter rather than having do anything onboard :)

ETA - I deleted your email address, I assume stingray had got it by now & there's no point makin things easy for spammers
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, goldfish999

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51153

Thanks Jonny for is email. Sure that is better.
John sent me some picts. He has a acoms mkV and a mtroniks esc. Wiring looks ok but I have a doubt with the 12V power source. And he has 2 silvercan 540.
:)

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51154

Thanks Jonny for is email. Sure that is better.
John sent me some picts. He has a acoms mkV and a mtroniks esc. Wiring looks ok but I have a doubt with the 12V power source. And he has 2 silvercan 540.
:)

May not be a problem - some of the Mtroniks ESCs (especially the marine ones) are 12v capable, and 2 motors in series means each get max 6v :)

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51155

Yep but motors are in parallel and the esc is for a car. The same I have in my ta05.

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51161

Yep but motors are in parallel and the esc is for a car. The same I have in my ta05.

That's asking a lot of a single, little ESC ....

Re:Acoms techniplus 2 ch. 5 years 8 months ago #51162

Yup without radiator...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.