Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54857

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
I was fortunate enough to extract this from a job lot auction recently. I've always wanted an RC10 but on the odd occasion you find a UK auction the prices are very expensive. Better value can be found in America but postage and customs duty make that option prohibitive too.

But I was fortunate enough to spot this among a job lot auction which failed to meet the sellers valuation so I contacted him to see if he would do business on the RC10 alone, and a deal was struck. It looks to be in reasonable condition for its age and although I probably paid too much, I'm happy with the purchase.

The problem is the car didn't come with any paper work, box or instructions and I'm not exactly sure what version it is.

If anyone can help me identify the specific version that would be great. I was wondering if some of the parts had been changed as on a brief search couldn't seem to find an exact match?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54858

It looks nice. :y: good find.
The following user(s) Liked this: Sam

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54860

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thanks Stingray. Its nice to finally own one. Hopefully there won't be too many problems or parts required to get the buggy running.

Have you ever had an RC10?

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54861

No sorry. I am more on tamiya. :blush:

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54864

Hey Sam, Nice Buggy :) Going by the shocks, wheels and the swing arms I believe that is a B stamp Rc10 :) Here is my A stamp with the worlds body I picked up for it :) I never had one as a kid but they were the car to have for the racers back then so I had to have one now ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54879

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thanks Andy. That's a really nice 'A' stamp you have; I love the original version. Ideally I would have liked to find something similar to the one you have, but unfortunately the options are limited in the UK and the accumulative costs from buying in America are just too expensive.

Like you I wanted an RC10 in the 80's but they were way out of my budget (not much has changed ..lol) so it's great to finally get my hands on one. I have to say that the build quality and engineering is superb; it's easy to see why this car was so dominant in its day.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54910

Hey there,
I am by no means an expert on RC10, they have there own forum, but I did run one years ago and have a couple in the collection in the "to be restored" section. That is a later gold pan model ( late like 1991 :laugh: :laugh: ) with the wider front arms and more importantly the " stealth " transmission. It really was a big improvement over the original 6 gear transmission with its very odd external ball diff arrangement and the stealth is really the basis for all modern 2wd buggy transmissions and if you own an axial crawler you will notice how similar the center transmission / transfer case design is to the stealth trans. Yours is an early model as it is white and the later ones were black. Those wheels also did not appear till the early 90's as well if my memory still works. :whistle:
I think you have a great start to a cool buggy there, it is quite complete, it is not to beat up and it has not been overly modified. The scratched pan can be smoothed out and touched up, bodies and decals are easily obtained, stick in a good motor and go run it!
When ever I run my old RC10 I am still amazed at how good they were / are, no wonder they just kept making them and upgrading them as new materials came along. :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54911

Hey,
I went and did a quick look see and the RC10 guys have a thread on it, it is a bit dated and missing some pictures by the look of it but it might be good info for you. Not that I want to promote the RC10 site........forgive me Lars.......
www.rc10talk.co...35&t=13059
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54935

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thank you OldWilly, I sincerely appreciate the time you've taken to explain everything. It was very helpful.

My plan is (hope) to get this running. I've started stripping down the car but have encountered a problem removing these pins (photo attached). They seem welded in and I don't want to risk breaking anything from force. But for all my efforts, they won't budge a centimeter.

Thank you once again.
Attachments:

Vintage RC10 4 years 11 months ago #54938

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Sam

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.