Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54903

The Pug came up in a thread not long ago.

I had to find my remaining parts to see how bad it really is.

Here is a picture from summer 91'. Don't remember if it had been driven or not at this stage.
I bought this new in a shop for my confirmation funds I got. I wanted this for a really long time!

Sadly this beauty was short lived as it lost signal at full speed hitting a concrete wall on top of a hill.
I remember this was rapid for it's size.
At full throttle from stand still this would leave marks i the asphalt!

I ran up the hill and hoped it would lear that wall as it was only a few metres long and there was a grass driveway right beside it to the left.
Sadly it missed that grass driveway by a metre or so.

Chassis was bent 90 degree more or less, all plastc bits broken but body was still on the chassis and it had no damage! Not a single dent or a crack anywhere!
Think the thick brush on paint saved it as the body is heavy.

Yeah baby!

Had to clear some boxes first lol

A little brochure and motor tech sheet in norwegian

Nice for future reference regarding Kyosho motor spec

Chassis bent back as good as I could do back then.
I shall see if I can get this better.
May end up make a new one in carbon or something in that direction.
Parts for these is rare and I got hold of a chap with a NIB on for 50 dollar shipped.
I can't afford that now sadly (try to get my 1:1 Capri on the road this summer)

Radio plate as the upper chassis is called is broken.
This is also hard to come by.

I did try to make one in metal and wood back in the day.
Think I can do better these days..

How do the wheel/tires look after a head on with a concrete wall at full speed you may ask??
Not good is the short answer :ohmy:

Rears are much better, but needs to be changed too

Funny thing, all of the suspension compnents are ok belive it or not!
Arms and knuckles that is.

Useable bits, but the read parts have some cracks in them

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54904

I did buy a spare chassis a decade ago, but it's as bad as mine and missing the same bits to make it complete.
But shocks are better than mine. I did use nose pliers when I built mine and I ended up scratching the shafts..

The rear steering block is broken on this too

I hate to see "repairs" like this

Radio plate is broken on this to.
But between mine and this I should be able to make a copy

Spare chassis came with two wheels, but don't think these are useable

And lastly my survived body.
I need new decals for this, but I do not want the MCI ones this time as those have not the yellow indicators and the headlights are different too.
So if any know a orginal decal sheet or a good repro, let me know!

I have wanted to rebuild this for years!
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63, HugoBiermann, Trini2DBone

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54908

A hard but so tiny project Richard. Good luck for your spares. :y:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54909

I have not the black accessories on my body.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54913

I wish you luck finding the parts for this, it truly is a nice looking car, I would like to see this come back to life :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 5 years 1 week ago #54914

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I second Andy.
Good luck, but it will be awesome.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 11 months ago #59738

I woke up today and really wanted to start on this project.

Both the main aluminium chassis plates I have is bent, and even tying to bend it back, it will never be as new or straight enough, not for me anyway.
Came real handy that my my mate which works at the local Volvo dealership had taken home some plastic signs as the dealership is now under a new owner, thus no need for the old signs with the fromer owner on it.
These was really thrown away, but my mate thinks things like these will be handy and offered me about half of the sheets.

Some are real bendy, several thicknesses and among the lot I picked a couple that felt a bit stiffer than the others.
No clue what these sheets are, they are not styrene, they are softer than regular styrene and are a bit more glossy than styrene.
Maybe ABS or PVC?

Anyhow, this is what I started with

Taped it up and traced the old chassis.

Cut out.
That was messy as I used Dremel to cut and sand most of it.

Bottom.

And finally for the first time in nearly 30 years, its standing on its own on the wheeks.

Had about enough parts to make the suspension complete ish to make it work

The things I really need to make it work is the plastic driveshaft holder that acts as a spacer between the lower suspension mount and the shock towers.
That part is among the FF4 parts bag, and that also includes the rear steering arm mount I badly need.
I have two, from my car and the donor chassis, and both are broken in bits, beond what is save able.
May have a solution if nothing comes up and that plan includes a self made plate that is bonded to the rear spacers.

I really want to make the chassis in FRP, so this chassis is mostly ment as a test if I could make it.
One of my other mates just called me and he offered me some aluminium sheets if I want to want to make the chassis in aluminium instead.

I may go for that offer in the end, or order some FRP sheets to make it a bit modern.

Anyway next task will be making the radio plate, aka upper chassis deck and then make the spacers that goes between the chassis plates.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 11 months ago #59742

Sorry Richard. You have all my spares. And no more frp enough sized frp plates.
I am very happy to see your tiny 205 back on wheeles

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 11 months ago #59750

Sorry Richard. You have all my spares. And no more frp enough sized frp plates.
I am very happy to see your tiny 205 back on wheeles

Thank you for the parts Flo :y:

I just ordered the FF4 part bag on ebay, better to order while the parts last :whistle: :silly:

Regarding FRP plates I will order from Banggood if I decide to go that route, they have them on sale now (G10 type).
Asked on a norwegian FB site a few days back, and parcels from China still turns up, but some takes longer than other.
Have searched and searched and nobody sells the stuff here, Kamtec did but they are on lockdown right now.
For now I can make prototypes in plastic :y:

And thanks, it was long awaited to see it with wheels on.
Think it's 28 years since it was doing that last time.
Got it in 91' ran it a few times, diff got damaged due the open design, ordered the parts from Japan and it took at least 6 months before I got the parts.
When I finally had it working next summer, I lost the signal and it crashed into the wall head on at full speed, and the rest is history as they say...

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 11 months ago #59751

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Richard that’s a great looking car and I think you’re work is commendable.
Keep going.

Al
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.