Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59756

Try to find a frp plate to built electronic circuits they are coppered but you can peel it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59798

Try to find a frp plate to built electronic circuits they are coppered but you can peel it.

No such thing here, at least I can't find it.
But I finally found a norwegian site that sells styrene and other plastic sheets much cheaper than others I've seen.
The styrene comes in different colors as well, downside they have only 1.5 and 2mm to choose from regarding styrene.

On other news, i've just ordered a set of repro decals, so now I can begin to plan on refurb the body. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59840

Yesterday I made the upper radio plate, by combine the two broken radio plates I have.
This was about the only picture I took.
Was totally knackered, hard to stop when you having fun,
Did run out of power and did not have energy to either clean up my mess or take pictures.
I was ill for the rest of the day...

New day today, I cleaned my desk and took some pictures.
Ran out of energy today to, sat just a tad too long while adjusting things etc
Anyway, here is how it look when fitted.
Battery fits :)

I don't have the correct length of spacers needed so I used what I could find.
Axial post thingy and some Tamyia brass bushes :whistle:

There is two hights of adjustment of this chassis where the shocks fits to the shock tower.
I fitted the shocks in the upper holes to get the low ride hight I wanted and the chassis is now level.
The body was riding low in the rear so I raised the rear body mounts by using some wheelhexes as the bodypost bases are 10mm hex shaped.

Now that I know and remember how things goes together, I think I will make new chassis plates with slimmer design that will take a small 2s lipo battery.
Chassis can't be slimmer than a servo with the splines fitted in the middle of the chassis.
And I'm surprised how stiff this got in the end even when using some soft plastic sheets, which I now belive is carbonate as it will not burn, just smokes alot when doing a test on a small sample.

Orginal lower chassis plate is made from 1.5 aluminium, and I have two different sheets of 2mm aluminium in my material stack.
I'm thinking aluminium lower and some sort of plastic upper.
I do have a sheet of 2.5mm carbon fibre, but it's really intended for a another project.
Real carbon sheets cost has gone silly around my neck of woods, so unsure if I want to buy another sheet right now.
Then again if I use it on this project I can finally get this finished and shelf it and move on to other projects.

And mesuring the wheels that is next to impossible to find they are 1.7" ones and really wide.
So M chassis wheels seems too small / too much rubber when using 60D tires and normal 1:9" touring wheels seems too big and that to big diameter of the tires..

Right now my plan is to finish the chassis side of things, restore the body and then do the wheels if I can find some.

Btw, Do anyone know where I can get 1mm trim line tape to make the bonnet and door lines?
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59843

Nice work Richard. To lining joints, you can use a permanent black pen.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59928

I may have found someone that can print copies of my wheels as mine needs to be replaced to make it look good.
New ones is too costly for me right now if I can find any.

Have searched hi and low for tires, they are gone it seems, no on ebay and non on other selling sites.
Wheels are a odd shape at 1.7x44mm with width of 27mm.
Tried to see if any has fitted other tires to the orginal wheels, and I have no such luck.

And then it came to me, I have HPI Cup Racer wheels with tires in my collection, and would you know, the MX60 tires fitted perfectly and are only 1mm bigger in diameter than the stock tires.
Downside is MX60 size only comes in slick tires, or hard drift tires, drift tires is not what I want-no grip and too small.
Second option is to fit F103 fron tires, or the ones from F104W like the Lotus 79.
They are a bit smaller in diameter than stock tires and are 30mm wide instead of 27-28mm on the stock tires.

At least I know have a solution if stock tires is nowhere to find.

I'll take a picture of a orginal rim with the MX60 tire fitted compared to a stock one.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59933

Awesome. I never find any rims tires or wheeles. I had luck with my job lot. F103 foams fit??? No hésitation.
They are easy to adapt with a conic drill. I did that for my f101 rims wich are bigger.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59936

Found one pair, but the seller don't ship tp Norway :(

www.ebay.com/it...SwdOxeG0mA

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59937

Send they to me if it send to France and let's go to norway. ;)

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59952

Send they to me if it send to France and let's go to norway. ;)

I'll send you a PM shortly ;)

The HPI Cup Racer MX60 tires could not have been a better match.
Only difference is missing the threads obviously, and 1mm lower than stock in diameter.
Orginal tire to the left.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59958

They match fine.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.