Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59968

Good job there!
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #59999

Bought a box of grafitti remover today and says it safe for plastic.

Both Carson Paint Killer and Tamiya Paint Remover is out of stock everywhere here, so I has to find something that works hopefully.
First victim will be this Peugeot body.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60244

Parts are starting to arrive for this rebuild so it's time to do a bit more.

After bending my orginal chassis back into shape, it seems to be reuseable.
Here I have started to sand the chassis as it has scratches and small pitting after hitting small gravel etc.
I have limited selection of sandpaper, the worst was taken with 240 grit, then 800 and then 1200.

Top side of chassis.
In the background is my donor chassis, my orginal chassis was more scratched when I started but it is straighter.

Bottom of chassis.
Amazing what a couple of hours of elbove grease will do.

A quick rub with polish, very quick.

90% of scratches is gone, small dents remains so are the lines where the chassis was bent in the collision.
Anyways it is loads better now, may sand it a bit more down the line, but for now it's useable.

Also got repro decals in the post today.
The chap that makes these are the only one that makes them as I'm aware of.
Orginal decals is very rare and it is at least a couple of years since I saw them last time and they are expensive.

Earlier this week the FF-4 parts bag arrived. This includes the rear toe-in tower, deck spacers and the driveshaft holder.
All of the mentioned parts is needed for my rebuild since all of these is broken.
I guess the driveshaft holder is the most important part as this not only hold the driveshaft but also acts as a spacer between the chassis plates.

And here is how the chassis looks when it was new

Barings is on their way as we speak and I have bought grafitti remover I will try.
Think I will test the grafitti remover on a different shell to be on the safe side.

Now that I'm sure I will reuse the old main chassis plate, I think I will make another radio plate as the former one was just a test really.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60246

Love that platform!!

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60248

Very happy to see the original chassis plate back Richard. :)

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60277

I may have gotten abit carried away with the polish :laugh: :laugh:

And I started on a new radioplate (upper chassis).
Had a bit of 2mm aluminium laying around.
Also found the orginal holes in the chassis fitted perfect for a 3.2mm drill bit.
Now the bolt holes lines up perfectly.
Just need to find something I can cut it with and make a design as its a boring trace off the bottom chassis.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60356

Not been able to do anything yesterday or today being a bit ill.

But got a meesage from the chap that are going to 3d print my wheels.
These renderings looks good.
Some small changes from the stock rim, the tiny shallow holes in the ring has gone and instead of support on every second hole on the backside, they have now support between every hole, which will make this much stornger than the orginal wheels.

He had some troubles with his 3d printer, but he was able to do a test print.
The final version will be printed in white PLA which I plan to paint to make them look fresh for the years to come.

I'm looking forward to get wheels that has no damage on them and they will be stronger than the stock unit.
Now the design is done, me or others can order these to get our vehicles running, and if you re afraid to run your orginal wheels but want the stock look, these will work nicely.

Credit goes to Eide Bergstø Design which is located here in Norway and he can be found on FB.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Falcon3D

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60357

Beautifull.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60464

Very nice :y:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #60775

It is stupid hot outside today (32.4C atm) and we vikings are not that used to those temps.
Too hot for me being outside anyway.

So the delivery of my 3d printed wheels was timed just right.
And I must say I'm very pleased with these.
Paid 47 usd for these inluding shipping, the orginal ones a way more epensive if you can get hold of them.

Right out of the package

Backside

Wheels needs a bit tidy up before it can be used

Bits of support removed (support is used when 3d printing to hold up parts simply put)

After a bit sanding I tested it on the HPI Cup Racer slick tire.

3 more to go....

And together with my rest of my grubby/broken orginal wheels. The 3 best ones is on the vehicle.

Orginal wheel and tire to the left, the copy 3d printed on to the right.
The designer got this spot on!

As you can see this is not a straight forward wheel to design at all.
The front is like 2 different levels with slots in each level.
Designer of my wheels beefed it up a bit with support spokes after every hole.

After struggling with fatigue, heat and aching lower back after wrenching on my daily for 4 days (waterpump failure Volvo V40), it was good to do something rc related :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.