Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72624

I should have a v2 or v3 . Ribs on my battery cover

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72650

Decided to do some cleaing today with the Shogun parts...

Some parts may require a bit of sanding and some TS13...

And while cleaning the transmission parts, noticed something :

That being said, it is not an issue, as this is out of the way the bevel gears mesh together...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72653

Another car tore down tonight.

The Ninja is in parts. I just need to do some clean up of the metal parts, all other parts are clean already.

I could ultimately rebuild it right away, except I don't have ball bearings for the build yet. I'll have to order them for at least the Ninja and the Shogun. Not sure what is the status of the 3 Coors yet. That may be my next activity in this project...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72654

The coors should be the priority😁 :p
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72656

The Coors is probably my favorite Marui car after the Samurai... Always finish by the favorite is the motto :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72658

They are equal for me. Sam and coors. Balanced love.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72710

Yesterday, I ordered ball bearings for at least 3 of the chassis... And while I wait those to come within the next days, I decided to tear down the second Coors to parts. It was likely the one which was drivern the more as per my discussion with its previous owner... (and I know jhow much Flo is awaiting this moment from the time I put one of the Coors on this thread :-)...)

- no bad surprises
- full ball bearings (that is good surprise). It also allows to confirm the measurements of part S30 which I printed for the other cars (it's on the servo saver cluster, but I have none for the other cars).
- one small e-clip was damaged (left front hub carrier): will need to raid a part box to find one of similar size
- one e-clip was not seated in the front gearbox, fortunately it sticked to the gearbox wall due to the grease and there was no damage
- the parts will require cleaning, but overally it's definitely better than what I expected while discussing with the original and first owner of the car who built it in 1990

Next step cleaning, and wait for the ball bearings.
I also need to fix some screws and spacers issues, but nothing worrying me too much...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72711

Yeahhhhh coors coors coors.... :p

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72713

Still need to do some cleaning as I was not able to do it yesterday...
This morning I was not in cleaning mood, I decided to trim bodyshell the index hobby knife is a joy to use, allowing to work quickly and with much more precision.

Both of the Coors bodyshell were partly trimed, one having holes (including an improperly positioned hole - but that it still making it). The same body with the incorrect hole positioned was partly masked, and I removed masks as I felt they were improper for this. I will design masks later on and cut them on the Silhouette Cameo 4. That should allow me to have exactly what I want,.. This will be for later, however.

I still need to order at least one additional Coors body shell. I did not trimed the NIP Marui Ninja body shell. I'll probably do it later (I still hope to find another Ninja at some point :) )

I also ordered stickers for those 3 cars at MCI racing...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 6 months ago #72715

I remember talking with Flo ans saying him that Optima rere design of the mobile parts at the front and rear are very close from the Marui parts.
I just check, using some spacers it should fit without much effort at both front (C and hub carrier) and rear (hub carrier). It won't be exact match, but it is close...

I won't need this, but I thought it was important to mention if anyone is in need for this...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.