Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73491

Perfect size 👏👏👏

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73506

First, Happy New Year ! :-)

Yesterday (or last year :-) ), i mentioned a bodyshell on Thingiverse (www.thingiverse...ng:1079909 ) and Cults3D (cults3d.com/en/...collection). I've briefly tried to play with the STL files in Fusion360, and it was nearly impossible to join them correctly. I contacted the author to see if it was possible to have a single file for the bodyshell. He shortly replied me to drop him my maial address so he can send me a FBX file... And few hours(?) later, I received a FBX file that I uploaded into Fusion360 to see if I could do something with it...

And yeah... It works. I replied back Tor Arne to thanks him, and to tell him the link he sent worked and that I will find out how to do something nice.

This morning or late last night (and still this morning), I quickly transformed the roll bar and fog light meshes into solid. This was impossible for the bodyshell itself : I had to do something for this, as there is no way to add colors on a mesh...
I decided to add some solid bodies to the mesh, trying as much as possible to respect the dimensions set by Tor Arne... And one by one, I finally had what I wanted for the front face, and I did the same for the rear side...

I also used one of the two center parts provided in the file to work out some windows...
At the end this how it looked in my Fusion 360 design file

I then made a few renders...

I sent those renders to Tor Arne this afternoon, and he replied back with pics of his Big Bear in the grass :-) (not a virtual one)

And then I thought about that pic of the Bear prototype, with Super Wheelies tire, and well, why not, I have almost everything to do it :)
I took the Super Wheelie chassis file, switch the rear arms with those of the Big Bear, changed the inclination of the rear arms and reset a few joints, and added spacers between the top of the chassis and the nut on the suspension shaft, and I had just to add the bodyshell...

And here are the renders...

Thanks again to Tor Arne to allow me to play with his bodyshell model...

I still have a lot of work to do on the Super Wheelie, and the bodyshell is quite complex... And I'm not sure I'll do this right away :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73507

Too nice.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73518

Awesome work my friend!

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73523

Yesterday, after my previous post, I put the two cars in the same file, just for fun... It's much better when all the wheels are on the ground :)

And I could not help but adding the Super Wheelie chassis in it...

And I spent the whole night thinking about adding a Super Wheelie body on this chassis...

In the afternoon, I took the Super Wheelie body out of the box...

It's slightly dammaged, I'm still missing a few parts (the windshield support is part of those).
Looking at the body shell, the main difficulty is the bonnet, and beside this, it is a good candidate for solid definition...

I started by putting a plan with the sides definition, an extrusion, then daw a bit of the internals (will have to do seats later on).

Then defined a loft for the bonnet, on a separate body, as I'm not sure it will be shellable

And, yes, unfortunately, it's not shellable... I kept it this way, and applied the shell to the main body, before  merging both bodies...

After that, I played with additional bodies and defined the front face...

I'm stopping here for tonight, but this will be fun... And there is some thing fun coming in my mind right now... But it's too early to talk about this...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73525

I love your garden Marc 😜. The bj body is already fine. That's awesome. 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73545

I really need to complete at least one super wheelie bodyshell for the Super Wheelie chassis...

At the end this is just a question of work. Yesterday I took care of the seats...

And with the seat, we may have already an idea of what it will be at the end...

Today, I took care of the rear...

And a lot of details on the top of the rear...

I'm getting there... There is still a lot to deal with in particular on the bonnet, and then it will be all accessories...
This is taking a lot of time, but it's still fun, at least for me :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73548

Woohaaaahooooooo. A bj 40 ready to go.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 3 months ago #73576

A week... Almost what it took for the Hirobo Rock'n City body, but not for the same reasons...

The Marui Super WHeelies were a lot detailed, probably more than many of the competition of that time... And people loved them for this...

There was a few part missing with my body (they are somewhere in a box at the previous owner's place, he still searching for them). In the meantime, I decide to move on... There is simple parts and parts more complex. I'm not going to detail everything...

As I did not have the dashboard which is holding the windhshield, I derived from what was around...

The winch is even more complex than the Hirobo Hilux one... I still need to review the bonnet, as the windshield is supposed to have 2 position - one is next to the roll bar, and the second one is on the bonnet.

The roll bar is also a bit complex, particularly the link between the front section and the rear section, define the plan to create the pipe is not really easy...

When having all the parts done (including the extinguisher, I decided to do something for the dashboard. I found some pics, and someone sent some as well... And I took inspiration of them to do something...

Finally, there was the blinkers... I made some, no clue if the measurement is accurate, as I have none.

Then I changed the materials... to get it slightly more realist...

And you know what, I already modeled the CJ-7 Golden Eagle bumper... I should do something to complete it, no?  :lol:  :mrgreen: 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73801

Today I part the chassis in 3 pieces to allow printing on small desk printer for a friend...

Approach is using 6 screws and nut to set sides together (so 12 screws and nut in total).

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.