Keyword

TOPIC:

Cen custom truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 10 years 10 months ago #21615

Picked up this CEN chassis, My plan is to convert to brushless :ohmy: The Tamiya Highlift tyre are for this build too ;) The CEN is unusual in that you use bolts to secure the wheels instead nuts, I already tried some stainless hex heads ;) also sat the lexan brat body on it and I think it works :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 10 months ago #21636

Interesting project ill be following this one :y: the brat body looks good and that chassis looks pretty tough too should look great when finished

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 8 months ago #22869

Ok I had a tinker with this tonight :blink: Firstly I decided to change the body I'm going to use :ohmy: Instead of the re-re lexan brat, I have picked up a Ford f150 shell from a toy grade :P . I have removed all the outlandish side mounted truck pipes and overdone roll bar permanently :sick: , but will keep the front and rear bumpers which look good plus the window set. To make this shell fit the chassis, I've had to shorten the chassis by 10 mm :whistle: which turned out to be quite easy. A bit of dremeling here and there, drill pressing new countersunk holes and hey presto :evil: . Still a fair amount of Fettling (jr isim) to do to the body but it will come up good I think, Also as I want to convert this from gas to electric so I test fitted a can and you couldn't plan how well it fits :woohoo:

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 8 months ago #22871

Nice work. This kind of custom build can be a tough job. :y:
A bit worried about motor cooling though... I'd fit a heatsink on it if you can. ;)

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 8 months ago #22950

Nice work. This kind of custom build can be a tough job. :y:
A bit worried about motor cooling though... I'd fit a heatsink on it if you can. ;)

:laugh: I needed to do a hard body project with some fettling required so I could appreciate a JR build even more (not that this will be as epic as a JR build :laugh: ) I'm no set on the motor placement yet but its not meant to break any speed records.

I found some pic's of the body before and after stripping :cheer:

Attachments:

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 8 months ago #22970

Found a skerrick of time tonight :ohmy: so I cleaned all the old paper stickers and glue off the body. I did a bit of fettling to remove the exhaust mount from the sides and then marked and drilled the new mount holes ;) fitted it on and checked my clearances :blink: Spot on me thinks :)

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 8 months ago #23151

Well I can't believe my good luck with this build :woohoo: It just so happened that amongst all the bits and pieces from the Clunes haul :blink: I found a 65t spur gear (tamiya srb?) that fits the shaft and pin drive on the Cen Perfectly :ohmy: :woohoo: :laugh: coupled with a 22t pinion on the motor and it's looking good :y: (still need to make a motor mount) Also found a longer shaft for the chassis stiffener to suit the changes ;)

Attachments:

CEN SP1 GP 10 years 6 months ago #24864

Don't ask me why but I decided to make the motor mount for this today :ohmy: I have a heap of alloy angle so I started with that, cut the basic shape then filed to finish :) I drilled the motor and plate mount holes then sanded ready for paint ;) I'm still only at mock up so it'll stay raw for the mo :P

SP1 custom build 10 years 6 months ago #24873

Nice (h)andywork. :y:

SP1 custom build 10 years 6 months ago #24931

Nice (h)andywork. :y:

:laugh: :laugh:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.