Keyword

TOPIC:

The SC rebuild + The ST rebuild + SCX10 upgrade 10 years 9 months ago #22952

OK so I rescued these two from ebay a while back :blush: I didn't do full build pic's for them but a few before and afters you might like :laugh: I'll start with the GV-SC and let the pictures do the Talking :)

I pick up the Porsche body and the wheels cheap from Ebay plus I have some monster energy decals on the way to finish it off :laugh: still need to rebuild the engine to complete :pinch: ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 9 months ago #22953

This 1 is the Duratrax ST, it had a bend in the chassis and not a lot else going for it. I think we have been able to save it though :P

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 8 months ago #23105

Decals arrived today, so I finished up the Porsche shell on the GV :y:

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24128

Ok then, since I have a few nice vintage Tamiya builds coming up I decided I need to get all my other projects completed before anything new is started :laugh: Tonight it was the ST's turn for some attention :ohmy: The engine was our challenge and as you can see from the state of it, this would be an interesting evening :sick: I started off by stripping it down and soaking everything in degreaser, I also found a replacement exhaust which needed a clean too. While that was working I cleaned and prepped the screws for reuse, then after a gentled scrub all the main parts were ready to go. Once I had dried everything it was time to put it all back together :) that's when the spring in the pull start decided to jump out of it's housing :evil: needless to say 15min later I had it all back in ready to install :pinch: After a little light polishing to some of the parts I've got her back together, now I just need to finish rebuilding the carb and she's ready to fit back into the truck ;)

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24129

great job a old OS MAX :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24132

That's a nice cleanup. Porsche shell looks great with the Monster decals. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24145

:unsure: In my mind, this type of motor was blue or black anodized.
Your monsters are very pretty. :y:
I like the 911

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24146

Hi Andy
the porshce shell, please could you tell me where it came from, the scale, the wheel base and track width
I have an idea for a project.....

thanks
Hay Ewe (in FNQ)

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24148

Hi Andy
the porshce shell, please could you tell me where it came from, the scale, the wheel base and track width
I have an idea for a project.....

thanks
Hay Ewe (in FNQ)

Hey you :P Unfortunately the Porsche shell was part of a bulk buy I did from a Joe public Ebayer and that is only one of the 5 which I'm unsure of :huh: It's not quite 1/8 , dimensions are 260mm wheelbase / 200mm widest point of f/r arches. The other's were 3 Tamiya and 1 hpi, I have 1 other generic shell which has the same wheelbase but is only 195mm widest point of f/r arches :whistle:

Andy (in NEM) :laugh:
Attachments:

Great Vigor SC rebuild + Duratrax ST rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24152

Sooo I finished up the carb tonight, polished up the brass components then reinstall it onto the engine :) after that I was able to bolt the engine in :side: I then set to cleaning and polishing all the linkages before setting them up with the servo horns, I made sure to trim the servo horns up nice so as not to offend anyone :whistle: After I finished installing all of the links for the engine and steering I slipped on some fuel lines then cleaned and refitted the filter :cheer: Now I just need to complete the radio gear ands she should be complete :y:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.