Keyword

TOPIC:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29710

Put a few layers of clear over it & call it a Rat Rod :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29714

With the Cobra chassis being as simple as it is, wouldn't it be the easiest thing in the world to just make a shorter chassis plate? (Trace the front & rear mounting holes through onto a lump of shorter ally plate...or GRP, or carbon fibre).

I did something very similar years ago with the remains of a Hirobo Rock-n-city & a lexan F150 repro.

Go rat-rod wrecker truck, it would entertain me

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29715

TBH that was the original plan.

I just thought the BF shell might be a bit different. Also my Scorcher shell is VERY rough :sick:

Any other deas for the BF shell (apart from a camper and trailer - that's soooo last week ;) )
(bear in mind my lack of time and ability)

You could use a textured paint on the beetle body to disguise its roughness :cheer:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29716

With the Cobra chassis being as simple as it is, wouldn't it be the easiest thing in the world to just make a shorter chassis plate? Go rat-rod wrecker truck, it would entertain me

I like this Idea! "rat-rod wrecker"

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29718

Stone effect? Really? Well, if you go the whole hog with a dinosaur sticking its head out of the sunroof, and a tray of comedy size ribs on one side ;)

The wrecker though, that's something I can get behind - in fact I'm thinking it may be a better use of a ratty Blackfoot shell than, say, building a wannabe Winnebago-alike :whistle:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29719

The Cobra chassis does not lend itself to a wrecker because of the tall gearbox and shocks, but I do have a spare TL01 chassis :whistle:
Hmmm, Rat look wrecker drifter. ...

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29731

Exactly..... with black, & maybe some spikes and a skull on the bonnet.

You could always add an extra back axle & hide the gearbox amongst the gib components, or fake toolboxes etc.

OR put a beetle shell on it & have the jib hanging off the back of it (Or not)

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29740

Hmmm, food for thought.

I suppose I could hang the jib off the shock tower :unsure: and make a custom bed like that one:

It's all flat panels so not too hard. That would make it possible to match the wheelbase.
If I cut the original bed off, I wonder what I could do with it :whistle:

Big flat bumper out of checkerplate at the front to hide the cut off wings.

Anyone got a Blackfoot grill lying around? Condition would not be important.
Or I could just fill the front with wire mesh or something.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29757

As your wheels don't look like that good a set, I thought I'd give this a mention:
I found a set of Cobra wheels & tyres in my wheels & tyres box (so not really _that_ much of a surprise :whistle:) while looking for something else, let me know if you are interested. Rear wheels are dirty on the inside, r. tyres are evenly part worn; front tyres are also part worn but unevenly, inner row of spikes on both is half gone (ludicrous camber maybe?); one of the fronts has the bearings/inserts missing; all wheel outer show scratches, one rear wheel has nicks on rim. (looking for a fiver + post BTW).

:)
Attachments:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29788

Wheels arrived today - thanks JR :y:

The chassis was pretty gouged up, so I gave it a quick wizz with the orbital sander and sprayed it satin black (after some etch primer).

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.