Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wanting to do this, a RC replica of the 1902 Baker 6 years 9 months ago #44595

Use a holesaw bit for your drill and cut them.
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wanting to do this, a RC replica of the 1902 Baker 6 years 9 months ago #44596

Just found out that I can use normal CD's that's how I like it, fast and cheap

Also got in eBay 5 O-rings of 11 Cm (god, I hope they can stretch to 12 Cm a CD has) I already have wheels sorted *yay*
The following user(s) Liked this: BCM06

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

RC replica of the Baker(edit, built started pics) 6 years 9 months ago #44644

Did remember that for this to work I should replicate original 1902 build methods, found that wheels in the baker were spoked wood rims encased in sheet metal so I have to mount a wooden spoke wheel over a cd and make the outer rim with a very thin stripe of wood (where I could glue the tire. Oh, also I got impatient and completed the frame chassis with screws, oh my it's going to be a car...

Some data Scale of 1/8 dictated by the cd size, rear axle of an f104, suspension in rear axle with no dampers (those weren't in style back then) no differential too, reverse operates a mechanical brake And also a circuit to isolate the motor, so, no reverse fiber glass body, expected top speed 25+km/h weight 2.74 kg...

RC replica of the Baker(edit, built started pics) 6 years 9 months ago #44646

Awesome can't wait to see this. Will you use balsa and Dowling for the wheels. Perhaps you could steam balsa around the CD and clamp it... keep us posted.
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.