Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 4 months ago #46687

My Brother and myself each got one of these as our first RC cars back when they just got released in ZA. They looked cool and was the alternative to the MUCH more expensive Monster Beetles for our parents. We had loads of fun with them and the took one badword of a beating. They eventually retired to storage. A couple of years ago there was a break in at the lockup and one of our old toy trunks were stolen with other simple things. This specific trunk had the two chassis in and the other (my red car) body in. This body was in a different trunk for some reason.
I found it on the weekend after being in there scratching around for some other things and thought I would bring it home to have a look at it. The details are quite nice for the budget basher it was meant to be and the plastic is THICK. Only problem is that its 1/14.

I’m thinking of buying a generic chassis and modding it onto the body just to see it run down the road agin. It looks too good to just sit in the lockup.

Saw a 185mm wheelbase 4wd Remo Chassis on Banggood that looks ok.

Just looking at the body on those cheap wheels brings back memories.

Hugo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 4 months ago #46688

Hugo, if it is 1/14th, you maybe can look for a monster beetle, midnight pumpkins clod buster ... quick drive. Waterbok could advice you for these rc.
The following user(s) Liked this: HugoBiermann

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 4 months ago #46689

Had a look at it n my CW01 chassis and it tiny. Those wheels its standing on are the same size as the Tamiya buggy wheels. They look almost monstrous on there. The cw01 and dt01 gearboxes are also way wider than the chassis, lol.

Hugo

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 4 months ago #46690

Not the cw01. The quick drive chassis. It is a smaller version in 1/14th

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 4 months ago #46693

I see

Hugo

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 1 month ago #48449

I took the chance and ordered a Remo kit. Its dirt cheap! Got it in the week and built it up real quick. Its ok for a kit the same price as an esc, lol. Messed with my Chinese spares and got this far for now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 6 years 1 month ago #48450

It looks nice
The following user(s) Liked this: HugoBiermann

Re:Digitcon Turbo Beetle 5 years 7 months ago #51740

Digitcon was before the manufacturer Radcon that distributed many RC toys through Radioshack / Tandy dealers.

Digitcon Turbo Beetle 4 years 11 months ago #54850

Its a lot of fun. Actually a nice chassis for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edit: by HugoBiermann.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.