Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 4 years 4 months ago #57749

Liking the "lightened" seat support :y: :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 3 years 7 months ago #61712

I finally have it running again.
Loads have changed since last time, mainly a start of a styrene bed, swapped out the metal axles with orginal plastic housings, fitted deadman switch (looks like a jerrycan) so I don't need to turn the vehicle off or disconnect the battery at rest on the trails, remote winch, carbon fiber motormount/shock tower, to name a few.
Still have loads to do, but at least it is up and running :)

The main forum I use for this build is down, so I have trouble to see my build log.
Yes you eagle eyed among you may spot the turbos has gone, one snapped off during test drive last year and the other while building it.
I will either build styrene turbo to replace the heavy metal ones or just fit a simple exhaust pipe.
But it is ment to have twin turbo set up when I planned this.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 3 years 7 months ago #61713

Looking good :) I'm assuming the website is Scale4x4, Do we know what happened to it?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 3 years 7 months ago #61718

Looking good :) I'm assuming the website is Scale4x4, Do we know what happened to it?

Thank you.

That's correct.
Basicly it is running on very old system, and the tech support at the host have no clue of the issues.
So most likely the owner need to set up a new forum format.
I have been speaking with the forum owner, Keith and it will be up and running again, but will take time.
I joined there in 05' and the site has been looking the same more or less since then, with one major update some years ago.

Scalebuildersguild is still running tho..

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 1 year 5 months ago #73061

Time to update on this project.

Seems the steering column and steering wheel has gone missing..
So I'm mocking up a new one by using a old antenna tube as column.

As in real life, I want my driver to sit comfy

I'm going cut his glove off and repsition so it will fit the gearstick.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 1 year 5 months ago #73064

Seems there is problem uploading pictures atm...

So here are two more

And yes I could play music or engine sound with the subwoofers if I wanted to 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 1 year 5 months ago #73065

Been working on reduce weight on this thing, and now the complete turbos is made out of styrene.

Test fitting the new turbos and pipes together with a new pressure box on top of the carb.
Filters are 3d printed, pipes are styrene covered with alu pipe as the styrene pipes looked too small.

Made some fake clamps

Still have the other side to finish...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 1 year 5 months ago #73068

Wahoooo amazing details Richard.  I love the cockpit with the coca glass and the turbos.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Richard's 4x4 Twin Turbo Hot Rod build (Axial SCX10 based) 10 months 1 week ago #75481

Summer is here and I need the Rod up and running.
The receiver was raided a while ago and put in the 6x6 truck build. Now it is back and the rod is working again.

Last time I drove this it seemed to have a bad axle gear so I bought HD gears with stock ration not long ago

New gears fitted Greased them up after picture was taken. Used CV joint grease as it was all I had atm

Made a simple mount so now the driver has a steering wheel.
Speaking of driver, I need to pull my finger and finish him..

A bit testing the ledbar and rock lights and the still work 

The new gears made no difference so I need new axle housings later as I seem to remember they were banana shaped out of the package.
Gears works very well unscrewed, but gets tight as the axle halves are screwed together.
But for now it works. 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.