Keyword

TOPIC:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67308

Still waiting on the light bar for the front cab :whistle: Exterior details on the rear cab are complete, just need to add some interior details :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67331

Front light finally arrived, it didn't have any sort of lens/cover despite very obvious slots for one, so I added a strip of 1mm Lexan :)

I've also been working on the rear cab interior - just a series of boxed to simulate the seat cushions & backs. I need to add support/kick panels to hold them a small distance off the floor :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67333

Really nice work!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67345

An idea of what the "interior" in the rear cab will look like:

Everything has been dismantled in the hope there'll be some decent spraying weather soon :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67418

First coat of RAL 2003 (Pastel Orange) going on the roof panels … more soft & dusky than the pic shows, and probably more so than I would like – but the main question is how well will it show up against snow – and the answer is “very” :D

The choice was really driven by anticipating needing a lot of paint – and Hycote making this shade in 400ml can. Also, airbrushing Tamiya X-6 Orange would have been too slow, and you can’t use Ford Signal Orange on everything ;)  

Also sprayed white primer on the bodies, this has highlighted areas (on the joined edges, predictably) that will need filler. 

The interior parts, fuel tanks & small exterior detail parts have all had two coats of satin black.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67452

Bodies have had filler, sanding back, another coat of primer & that sanded back with used 1200 grit wet & dry, and all the holes closed off, ready for the orange :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 8 months ago #67531

Brought the big orange bits back from the shed to mask for the black undersides ... it doesn't look it in the photos, but it is an even colour over the sides/top. 

Got two coats of satin black on & unmasked the same day, seemingly without issue :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 8 months ago #67536

I hope you're better Jonny. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 8 months ago #67573

This video came up in my Youtube feed - obviously there are some differences, especially as I never based my model on a specific vehicle & incorporated details from many, but I don't feel I made any obvious howlers & don't feel inclined to make any changes :)

The pair of jerry cans on the front of the rear cab would be a nice addition ... & I really do need to get on with the window rubber seals :whistle: 

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 8 months ago #67594

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.