Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72475

Kept two, sold four, I have these three, then another three NIB :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72504

Various bits of masking failure & bleeding, some could be sanded off but some will need hiding under tape ... also check out that orange peel, especially on the red one 

I didn't rub down the primer before spraying the white, and it really shows. Clear will improve it, as will the distraction of decals, but some will really need rubbing out to be acceptable.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72505

All 3 lined with Kyosho Micron 0.7mm tape & Cleared. Rubbing out, painting the drivers & so on will be more of a "winter" thing :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72508

i wish i would get it that clean ...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72509

Jonny they are more than acceptable for me. A red or a blue can be perfect for a future project. I still have some srb parts for a rough rider chassis. It could be fun to have the 4 srb. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72637

When you go to the hobby store for paint and make it out with just paint

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72638

Not sure how you do that, Andy :-)
On my side, when I go to the hobby store just for paint, I come back with more than paint, sometimes even without the paint, and a lot of ideas :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72640

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple

Adventures in painting 1 year 5 months ago #72762

Found some scabby looking Scorcher wheels on eBay, fitted with vintage Pro-Line Waffle tyres. The fronts looked pretty good, but the rear looked very worn. The tyre lettering was awful on all of them. 

I stripped them down – the fasteners, with the exception of one brass nut, looked new – ultrasonically cleaned the principal bits, and scrubbed the paint off the tyres. I turned off the damaged bit on the wheel outers, then primed all the wheel bits & sprayed satin black. 

I could have repainted the front tyres, but the rears would have been a lot more difficult as both look to have been rubbing on something in use, one very badly. Instead, I scanned the better tyres, redrew the lettering & cut it in white vinyl. 

The rear tyres have much less tread than I’d hoped, looking at the eBay listing again I think I was guilty of wishful thinking, TBH I think they’re only going to be any use on tarmac where semi-slicks are suitable :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Adventures in painting 1 year 4 months ago #73048

Red, orange & blue Buggy Champ drivers :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, mirrorman

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.