Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 months ago #64086

More scraping of the Scorcher body ... only one of the 5 bits of fibreglass put up any resistance :whistle:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 months ago #64087

Oh c... 

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 months ago #64092

Beurk

Adventures in painting 3 years 1 month ago #64933

I have a couple of easter themed paint your own ceramic money boxes that I’ve been putting off for some time … Bugs Bunny, Bigwig from Watership Down, The Energizer Bunny, Thumper, Roger Rabbit, Hartley Hare from Pipkins, Lindt chocolate bunnies, there are many leporine models I could have used, but the consensus was to go with Peter Rabbit. There was a moulded on collar, but the rest of the jacket is simply paint. Before that I had to make a lot of corrections to the primed (?) surface, these really aren’t high quality pieces :D The face needs more work than the back & is nowhere near done yet.  You may ask what this has to do with Tamiya, well I discarded the kit paints and used the XF & X acrylic range instead – and I just realised I’ve been channelling both the Holiday Buggy _and_ the Jun Watanabe Hornet on the egg :whistle:  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 1 month ago #64940

Niice effects Jonny.

Adventures in painting 3 years 1 month ago #64971

Peter Rabbit turned out nicley, the easter egg not so much...

More directly Tamiya related, I've started work on the other two Buggy Champ bodies - losing 10mm off the bottom edge & adding width/detail to the roof.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 weeks ago #65565

I gave up on the vintage Scorcher body & sold it on eBay ... I hope the new owner gets further with it than I did :)

I also sold my remaining 2010 Scorcher body & most of my remaining SRB spares. TBH I'm still looking at that spare "mule" chassis & the "barn find" Scorcher body/model with an eye to selling them ... I might come to regret it, but ATM I couldn't stand the thought of yet another tedious Beetle mask/paint job, I'm not interested in a box art Rough Rider, and can't think of another SRB chassis permutation ...  

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 weeks ago #65579

I have been thinking about maybe a second hand SRB, replacement Blackfoot body, blue paint and the Ranger rere stickers from Nathaneal in Canada.......

Even used SRB's arent cheap unless they are trashed...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Adventures in painting 3 years 2 weeks ago #65583

That's pretty much what my Ranger is - geunine chassis/wheels, re-re Blackfoot body with holes removed, supports added underneath, 3D printed F O R D letters on the hood, DIY on the tailgate, + DIY insert for the grille, MCIRacing decals :) tamiyabase.com/...own-ranger
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #65978

Modified Buggy Champ bodies had a coat of white plastic primer, a rub down & a coat of VW Alpine White during the last week, today I masked them up for the colour - VW Brilliant Orange & Ford Riviera Blue :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Clive533

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.