Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55497

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Rob, that chassis looks beautiful.
So simple, but the black is stunning.
Is it easy to scratch. I can only imagine you are putting that together with some care !!!
Nice work.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55498

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Oh bum, the body !!!!
Have you painted or left it bare plastic ??

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55520

Rob, man, that is a thing of beauty,
It was meant to be built and count me in with those that are cheering you on. I have never bought a kit that I did not intend on building....someday..:) I think that hording them away is a shame they should always be enjoyed, so thanks for the pictures and I would do it to if I could. :y:

Also, I never have noticed that the windows are tinted on this one, guess I have never seen one out of the box before B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by oldwilly.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55537

Oh bum, the body !!!!

I took a while to decide what to do with this one but didn't paint or polish it at the moment. I mean it's black right so whats the point HA!.That and the time and stress factor of getting it spot on. At this point in the thread (maybe a little hidden) I have another little restoration surprise to share with you. But it'll take time.

The hardest bit I can't bring my self to doing right now is cutting the new decal sheet up. Weird aye HA!

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55538

Rob, man, that is a thing of beauty,
It was meant to be built and count me in with those that are cheering you on. I have never bought a kit that I did not intend on building....someday..:) I think that hording them away is a shame they should always be enjoyed, so thanks for the pictures and I would do it to if I could. :y:

Also, I never have noticed that the windows are tinted on this one, guess I have never seen one out of the box before B)

Thanks mate and to everyone, its humbling to share this one, I wonder how many other eyes are on this thread that haven't chipped in.

As far as I can see there are no mould changes from the original white/green/red 58001 body, however the glass is more of a smoked colour than the well known green, I have a great contrast picture of some other screens which I will share on here when I find the picture.

Although I no longer own the GT01 black porsche and sold it before I had this, I did compare some minor body mould differences between the two. The original black porsche really is a unique mould and can be distinguished from the rerelease. The rerelease also have clear windows, just like the static version, so again pretty impossible to "reuse" parts for the original.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55539

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Oh bum, the body !!!!

I took a while to decide what to do with this one but didn't paint or polish it at the moment. I mean it's black right so whats the point HA!.That and the time and stress factor of getting it spot on. At this point in the thread (maybe a little hidden) I have another little restoration surprise to share with you. But it'll take time.

The hardest bit I can't bring my self to doing right now is cutting the new decal sheet up. Weird aye HA!

Cheers Rob.
Makes complete sense.
Sacrilege I know, but is it possible to get some repro decals, even if its just to help decide on which of the originals to use.
Then you know you’ve made the right decision.

It will look amazing what ever you opt for.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55554

Attachments:

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 10 months ago #55555

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.