Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multiple receivers one transmitter 4 years 4 months ago #57705

Does anyone use one transmitter and multiple receivers? If so what set-up have they got?

I have two current vehicles each with their own transmitter and receivers.

Thinking of getting third vehicle and would ideally like to use one of the existing transmitters and just buy the receiver.

Any advice?

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JoeC.

Multiple receivers one transmitter 4 years 4 months ago #57706

Depending of wich type of radiogear you are using.
I know that if you are using crystal radio, you can use 1 transmitter for many receivers. I did that with my tamtechgear 1 TX and 2 RX but same frequency crystals.
The following user(s) Liked this: JoeC

Multiple receivers one transmitter 4 years 4 months ago #57707

I use a flysky fsi6 transmitter. It has loads of adjustments for end points and such, 20 model memory, is only about £40 and best of all, receivers are £5 each.
Receiver costs were a big deciding factor for me as i like to keep all my cars ready to run.
There are a few flysky transmitters to choose from.
The following user(s) Liked this: JoeC

Multiple receivers one transmitter 4 years 4 months ago #57708

Many radios, especially programmable radios, can bind to multiple receivers. I have over 100 models linked to my Spektrum radio, but the recommendation for Flysky will get you there cheaper. You can simply select which model you want to control when you power on the radio. Even simpler radios like my Futaba Attack I use for my Tamiya tractor trucks can be used with multiple receivers. There is no model selection on that radio so if two trucks are turned on it will actually drive both of them at the same time. Even some RTR radios such as the Traxxas TQi will bind to multiple receivers. You have a lot of options.

Multiple receivers one transmitter 4 years 4 months ago #57716

Hey all,
Been away for awhile :( , sorry about that.
Thought I would throw my 2 cents in, I have always had multiple receivers for my radios, I still use my old number one Futaba magnum junior I bought in about 1986! As well as I have a fondness for my futaba fp-t3pb series radios, they are just really comfortable and kind of retro cool too. I also admit that I did buy one of the newer flysky 3 channel ones too, and it is just fine. It works every bit as nice for me as the more expensive branded ones and as was mentioned the receivers are inexpensive too. To be honest the old radios work just as well as the new ones it's just the worry about interference if someone else is on your same frequency otherwise there is no improvement in control, at least for me.
So I guess it comes down to you, if you need to start buying radio gear, go with one of the new 2.4 gigawiggles setups and enjoy it. or... if you are like me and already have a bunch of old radio gear, don't be afraid to use it. get some extra receiver crystals in your favorite frequency or swap around the ones you have. It will all work fine, keep it simple.
The other added bonus of the old gear is the looks you get when you bring it out and use it! :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.