Keyword

TOPIC:

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63839

Cracking work there :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63842

I need some help from you guys. I started working on the interior. How much height clearence do you need on your m-chassis for all components installed. Please measure from bottom plate to the top of your tallest component.
Thank you in advance ;)

I'll measure what I've got (M03, M03L, M05, M06), none have a chassis plate as such, most of those have some mods, and even if they didn't, I fear it's not quite as simple as you think ... I'll have to make annotated layered photos to show you what I mean, but in general the FWD m-chassis have frames on the front end that really compromise how low a bonnet you can have, and intrude into the cabin area.
The RWD M-chassis highest point in the interior area will be the top of the steering servo saver, which on the M-06 is c.57mm from the underside of the chassis tub, or c.40mm from a line drawn between the axle centres. (Shock tower tops are a few mm higher, the point at which the kit body mounts go vertical (so the lowest you could have the bonnet & boot) are higher still.  

If your ambition is to make some sort of "universal" interior (even on a body by body basis) that will fill all M-chassis I suspect the best you could do would to have a very abbreviated  flat one like the Tamiya vacformed cockpits, that fit just below window level.

:) 

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63844

No universal plans, just for this here.I feared i couldnt go deeper, i measured 55mm here on my old m-02 chassis. I thought more modern chassis with modern servos would be not so tall, but there hasnt changed anything really in dimensions it seems.

Thank you very much, sir! 

Last edit: by Lemsko.

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63856

I thought this would be the most useful as it's a rear motor, rear drive chassis: Karmann Ghia on M-06 chassis, all measurements are from the ground up, wheels are very wee but the differences should be informative. Magnetic body mounts are not stock obvs., the measurements are the final horizontal bits and therefore the minimum body height. Transponder stay is removable & won't be used by most. Please ignore the fact the steering arm is on the swrong side of the servo saver :blush:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63859

I thought this would be the most useful as it's a rear motor, rear drive chassis: Karmann Ghia on M-06 chassis, all measurements are from the ground up, wheels are very wee but the differences should be informative. Magnetic body mounts are not stock obvs., the measurements are the final horizontal bits and therefore the minimum body height. Transponder stay is removable & won't be used by most. Please ignore the fact the steering arm is on the swrong side of the servo saver :blush:

Great, thx a lot. This is perfect :)

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63860

If you can wait a bit the manufacture MST will release their TCR-M chassis which is M size and have plenty of space in the middle for interior.
Best of all, that kit will be able to be built in front motor, mid motor, rear motor setup as they use the same parts for front and rear.

Take a look here
www.rc-mst.com/...=262&rank=
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63862

Oh that looks really nice :)

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63866

Very interesting.

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 3 months ago #63867

Nearly finished, wipers, turn indicators in the front, simca emblem, side mirrors and front grill still missing.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Last edit: by Lemsko.

Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe scratchbuild 3 years 2 months ago #63915

6 small parts still missing, 1 more day of work. I planed to do the front grill same way i made the emblem with mesh displacement by a greyscale bitmap., that didnt work out well, so i leave it open, but added support for a micro mesh from hobby store to be added from behind.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.