Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63934

Dang it, had typed a long section, but it said it could not be posted because there was no content.
Oh well....

Been ill since the week before xmas, more than I have been since mid September so have been staying at home or at in bed.
Three complete days in bed so far this year, is not exactly great news for me.
Hope not this trend will continue, or else this will be a really bad year.
Illness is not Covid related at all, I have ME which is chronic fatigue which a real pain illness to get, which involves the whole body.

On better news I have for the first time in 5 weeks or so seen somebody else then my doctor or the shop workers.
I visited my mate which is building me my new apartment that is located above his garage.

I mostly wanted to take a look of the progress and take some measurements of the rooms to see if I can still use my furnitures.
Progress have been slower than my mate wanted, but family and work comitments have taken more time than planned.

This will be my new hobby room.
Currently measures 222cm wide and 228cm deep, but will be a tad smaller when the wall panels are up.
This is standing in the doorway

Standing from the living room.
My hobby room is in the middle of the rooms at right.
The closest will be my bedroom, and furtest away the bathroom.

Standing in the hallway

Living room to the right

And to the right the kitchen.

I'm really looking forward to get a brand new apartment and a hobby room, hehe.
Hobby room has a angled roof cut into it as the rest of the apartment which steals some wall space as the angled section begins about 100cm into the room and slopes down to 160cm above the floor.
Some of my furnitures have to be modified to get them to fit or relocated, like the rolling cabinet in my current hobby room, which will be stay in my bedroom.
Beside that I think I can keep most of my furnitures.
And best of all I can use the book shelves I wanted to use for my scale garages, wooohoo 

Downstairs there will be a 2 post lift in the garage that I can borrow if I need to in the furure.
The Capri build will be so easier when I can use a hoist.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63935

Good recovery and that building looks great. I am sure you will be very confortable in there :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63939

Keep safe richard. Your hobbyroom is nice. My first was 1,80m per 2,20m. And now, 5 m2 but outdoor... Your new home will be cocooning. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64363

A bit weather report..

Between today and last Friday we had about 15cm of snow.
Totally about 20cm.

This is how it was looking this morning

A little bit later
Notice the amount of snow on the table...

I diden't bother shuffling the whole driveway, but I did around the car and the bit closest to the road to remove hard bits.
Most of the snow was fluffy, but a tad hard on the bottom.
20cm of snow was no problem for the Volvo.

Now I'm knackered, so I'm gong to rest for the rest of the day.

The main road are perfect with hard packed snow and ice, rest day today, but I think I need to drive my studded Lunchbox tomorrow.
Weather is been forecasted to keep cold for at least one week more, so there will be opertunity to do some winter rc driving 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64364

Looks magic

Here the snow front went south of us to the east, so we got spared.

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64365

Just a little this morning but with a little luck, tonight it will snow more. Orange alertfor us  ( :D 2cm around Paris and the land is locked). I hope 5cm minimum.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64620

We got a bit more, about 15cm or so.
This time not so fluffy as it was around freezing point.
Before

After

Did not bother to shuffle the whole driveway due the heavy snow.
But I did the bit around the car and about 1m of the end of my driveway.
Luckly I managed to drive out and in without getting stuck.
Had to do a couple of attempts of backing in to make sure I hit my tracks straight.

Now I'm knackered after shuffling the snow and erands.
Resting for the rest of the day is needed.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64624

Crazy snow.... I were happy with 2 poor cm. :D
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64633

I had to shovel 10cm of snow 2 evenings earlier, now its nearlly all melted.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 1 month ago #64683

Snow is now down to 1/3 due the warm weather and I can even see grass on my driveway now...

Finally I have done something scale garage related today.
I bought a sheet of 244x122cm 6mm MDF sheet a couple of hours ago,
That's about what I can afford to spend this month beside my Big Bear purchase.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.