Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #4991

Ta very much :)

I sorted the wheels... not buttons, but plastic 1150 bearings :D

They don't move - I guess that's something else for mk.2 :whistle: Also had to make the brackets quite large to cover the holes ...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5013

Toolchest "primed" with two coats of flat white ...

... followed by four coats of red ... thinking I should have done it matt ...

Aslo had a crack at some scale shelving - 1.5mm sheet & rectangular tubed...

... corners are mitred - just not very well - I haven't seen my mitre block in years & my razor saw hasn't arrived - I supposed they're not too bad for guesswork & a scalpel :S

... pile of bits ...

All screwed together - this I think is the first time I've ever used the screws that come inthe baggies supplied with Acoms servos... unit is square, I promise ... for a "decent" camera this one has an awful lot of design errors - the extent of the lens fisheying is a new one on me though :sick:

.. Populated with a few bits & bobs - including the three cooler boxes I've been "working on" for weeks - finally sanded the tops & fitted handles ...

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5015

Someone could easily be made to believe that's not a scale picture when he's having a look at it. Great stuff.

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5046

Built a basic workbench & finished painting the toolchest ... there are still a few bits I want to make for my fantasy garage - bench vise, MiG/TiG set (possibly on a trolley), oxy/acetylene set, tools to hang on the back panel of the workbench, and, to make it a bit more real - kipple: the sort of stuff that does tend to accumulate in garages:
old fishing rods,
stacks of Haynes manuals,
boxes of bits of string that are slightly to short to be useful,
part-soiled rags,
tumble driers,
boxes of jazz mags,
forgotten mugs with evil looking mold growing in them,
old radios,
Elvis 78's,
unicycles,
hamster cages,
bottles of apricot brandy your grandad made that are of such potency that you have to punch the wall to help go down,
"95% complete" project cars/bikes
cat baskets,
ladders,
emergency supplies (Spam & bottled water),
sad looking fake Christmas trees,
prints of dogs playing pool,
sledges,
Sacks of cat biscuits or bird seed
buckets,
really poor quality Stratocaster copies,
various car washing/polishing potions,
chest freezers,
1/2 burned out BBQs,
Petrol/diesel jerrycans,
stacks of wood/MDF/metal that may be useful one day,
trays of apples,
cheap chinese air-rifles
bicycles,
tubs of nuts & bolts of sizes that no-one since Trevithick has used on a motor vehicle,
canoes,
old boots,
ivy growing in under the eaves,
almost dead car batteries,
Inherited screwdrivers with comedy sized handles,
unfashionable standard lamps,
inflatable crocodiles,
seed potatoes,
half used tins of magnolia emulsion,
old PCs ...
stuff like that :D

And I guess a floor & some walls might be a Good Thing :whistle:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5583

Started work on some scale welding kit:

OxyAcetylene Torch: gas bottles are 12g "Sparklets" with the end drilled out & tapped (flat black for the Oxy bottle, Acetylene bottle paint is my "Sand Rover Seat Semi Gloss Red Brown" (5ml gloss red, 2ml NATO Brown, 0.5ml flat black, 3.75ml flat base)), and M4 nuts & machine screws (thanks to Agemax for the tip :) ), "trolley" is 1.5mm/3mm styrene for the main, 2.5mm aluminium wire for the handle, chain is a bit oversize but will have to do), padlock is the inner loop from a paper clip & more 3mm styrene, torch head is various styrene tube & is rather over scale... I'll be able to a bit more once I have the wheels - I have some cheap 1:50 scale truck wheels coming ...

TIG Welding set: started on a trolley for a single Argon bottle (as above but single width painted blue/green), 3-phase mains distribution board & 63A sockets, earth clamp (1.5mm styrene), foot pedal (3 layers of 3mm styrene, sawn off at an angle, torch head from tube again, TIG set from 3mm/1.5mm styrene, and the beginnings of a trolley/cupboard:

It'll all make a bit more sense with wheels, paint & cables/hoses :)
Attachments:

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5584

Awesome work!!!:woohoo:

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5595

Hey JR, any chance of you showing us mere mortals how to build one of those awesome blue gas bottles on the shelf?

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5598

And where do you get those little models? (cars)

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5607

Hey JR, any chance of you showing us mere mortals how to build one of those awesome blue gas bottles on the shelf?

Sorry, I didn't make that - try don_jarr on eBay ... doesn't seem to have any ATM but his stock does rotate fairly often

:)

Re: Scale boxes & toolchest, + weathering 12 years 3 months ago #5609

And where do you get those little models? (cars)

Beach Buggy looking green one is a Matchbox "Baja Buggy" - lots of those on eBay too :)

The pickup is a cheap Chinese pull back & go/ friction drive toy that seems to be based on the 1950s' Ford F100 - someone gave me that at a TamiyaClub meet a couple of years ago.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.