Keyword

TOPIC:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 11 months ago #50210

Very small update on the batteries - they're back from the shed after primer & initial painting on the ones that will be black.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50498

Scale striplights made up & installed in my scale garage:

Construction is U section aluminium with styrene ends pressed in, 2mm clear polycarbonate (blasted with glass micro beads) as the diffuser, tops tapped M2 for the hanging variety, trim tape for the surface mount (these 4 are for my work in progress Willy workshop):

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, oldwilly, stingray-63, Purple_rob

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50509

Cool Jonny! That looks tops man!!! :lol:
I love the new lights, very nice design, it all makes a great picture, reminds me of our old shop back in the 90's. :laugh:
I really need to check back through your posts to see how you did stuff like the lathe and pressure washer and well, its all really great, I can't wait to see what's next!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50510

Batteries all finished, though I will need to make some sort of display/storage shelf/trolley ... restricted the branding to just three, graphics are on white waterslide transfar paper, drawn up in Paint Shop Pro. A lot of the smaller text is just Lorem Ipsum spacefiller as i couldn't be bothered to spend time on something too small to be read (mostly :whistle:).

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Gumpie22B, Purple_rob, Al, blakbird

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50518

Amazing tiny batts.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50519

"The sound of a dropping jaw"...
Both the batteries and the entire garage :ohmy: :lol:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50530

Jonny, these batteries are fantastic. It's a strange coincidence I came across some 1/12 scale batteries on eBay the other day. Someone overseas knocking them out for (i think) £4-5 a pop.

Are you going to be selling any,I think my 1/12 static Otaki Countach would look great with one of these in the boot.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50531

Cool Jonny! That looks tops man!!! :lol:
I love the new lights, very nice design, it all makes a great picture, reminds me of our old shop back in the 90's. :laugh:
I really need to check back through your posts to see how you did stuff like the lathe and pressure washer and well, its all really great, I can't wait to see what's next!!

Lathe starts on page 13 ( tamiyabase.com/...?start=120 ) but TBH it's just boxes - base is three boxes, two witrh rounded edges) joined together with a 4th, open top box as a drawer, plus more of a tray on top + a tiny box, "lathe" itself is one rectangular box & another assymetric one, a third, truncated triangle, open-bottomed box, a couple of thick sheets glued together & sculpted, the rest is just detail. The round parts (handwheels, chuck) would have been difficult only without a (real, but tiny) lathe.

All that said, it's still one of my favourite scale things, not least because you don't see many scale lathes, and because it's something of an outlier in my scale building "career" (including cars/trucks/farm machinery) - in general you can see an increase in complexity/realism/ambition/size from the start (very basic kitbash of a Wallace & Gromit van) to the most recent (Combine Harvester), but the lathe was an early peak IMO.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 10 months ago #50532

"The sound of a dropping jaw"...
Both the batteries and the entire garage :ohmy: :lol:

There's quite a lot of hours in there, in some ways I'd be a bit disappointed if it didn't show ;)

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 7 months ago #51741

Having caught up with all my painting, it's time to look at what to do next . The thing is, I don't really fancy starting on either of the big projects I've got the parts for (principally a Clod based farm tractor, and a CC-01 based Land Rover), so instead looked at small stuff for the Willy's garage I have in mind. First up, a set of 200L barrels, two with manual lift pumps:

Starting on an elevated sump drain pan:

Starting on oil jugs - base and intermediate former cut out & spaced to work out the template for the lowers sides:

Parts, plus bonding:

Untaped, edges tidied up, intermediate former ground back as much as I dared, and working on another thin card template, this time for the spout part:

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.