Keyword

TOPIC:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 5 months ago #52235

I'd assumed the space I was going to fit this in was even all the way up .. it wasn't so I had to remove the top & take a silly 2mm off one end :whistle:

Everything is installed, I also added a Hot Wheel City Turbo diecast (barely visible in the office) after a few qualms cutting open the blister pack ... but then thought most of them have probably been "collected" and will stay Mint On Card anyway ....

I'm getting an error message "You have reached the maximum number of files allowed (maximum allowed are 4 files)" which I've never seen before, so the rest of the pics will have to follow ...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Mark-013

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 5 months ago #52236

Overall I'm quite happier with how this turned out. It's a slightly different sensibility (busier, more colourful) than my "scale" garage, possibly that's not a bad thing as it fits with the whole Tamiya "comical" bobble-headed Willy character.

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, Mark-013, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 5 months ago #52237

The only 4 picts are since the last update.
These garages are awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 5 years 5 months ago #52239

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
It's amazing, superb amount of time, effort and skill in this.

Someone get that man a beer.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 8 months ago #55860

Making spare NOS bottles look a bit better ... removed dummy pipe & screw fittings:

Lots of milliput well past the anticipated round point...

After hardening overnight, using 4 jaw independant chuck to hold the assymemtric shape:

& 3 jaw to turn the other end... I've filed, drilled, and I think even tapped Milliput before, but this was the first time I've spun it in the Unimat - very well behaved, but a bit soft. That's probably down to the age, it was definitiely a bit suspect (long curing time) when I use it on the Landy body the other day ... it's either from Octobe last year (in which case, not very impressive), or August 2015 (so fair enough), I'll label boxes in future...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 8 months ago #55861

Also starting on a couple of spare Sand Scorcher driver heads, so i can put them in dioramas without looking creepy ;)

Attachments:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 8 months ago #55862

Lovely work Jonny.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 6 months ago #56518

Following on from the "success" of making a "rusty", stripped out, static, non-RC VW Beetle (a few pages back) from the remains of a Scorcher 2010 shell, I thought I'd have a go a doing something similar with the shell from the Lunchbox that donated its gearbox & wheels to my Maz 535 project.

Paint stripping got interupted, but you can see all the layers - my Peugeot "Antelope Beige" & primer, the previous owners metallic green, tamiya's Chrome plate over yellow injection moulding

:)

Attachments:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 5 months ago #57061

Starting on a Nativity scene, to be populated by Mezzco Osbourne figures with WilD Willy heads ...

MDF baseboard sealed with cellulose sanding sealer, roof frame quickly & cartoonishly crudely made from styrene & equally badly "tiled":

Attachments:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 4 years 5 months ago #57062

Roof support end frames, pen fencing, combination rear roof support/angle stand/Star of Bethlehem, trees (the avid botanist will spot that there are two date palms and one coconut palm):

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.