Keyword

TOPIC:

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 2 years 2 months ago #70526

I love that. And the wood effect is awesome Jonny
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 2 years 2 months ago #70545

Last dregs of this batch - all 3 coffins look the same, but really don't work for me or fit with anything else I have so will go on eBay. Jerrycan, gloves & boots I will keep, even if I don't have any plans for them at the moment. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 2 years 1 month ago #70616

I listed quite a few of my recent scale bits on eBay - and even sold one of the canoes :) There was some interest in one of the sleds, the remaining skip & (IIRC) the cones - but absolutely zero for the coffins:D / :(

I've also made another batch of card filter & disposable glove boxes - and started on a number of crates :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 11 months ago #71329

I felt like making some small barrels. I aimed for 1:10 scale 60 litres, but TBH they're probably smaller, I made them as big an OD as they could be and still fit 6 on a pallet, and height waw what looked like the correct proportions to me.

Ends were shaped from 1.5mm styrene sheet, sides are from 0.38mm. Chines are Evergreen half round form.

Initially I planned to make 3 pallets worth, and have an additional 1.5mm disc in the middle for support. It turned out to be marginal whether it was needed, and I also found it difficult to find 3 discs that matched :whistle. 

In the end I used most of an A3+ sheet of 1.5mm, all 3 of the 0.38mm sheets I had, and 7 packets of Evergreen strip :blink: but have 27 barrels to show for it. I'd always planned to give them a "well used" finish - some sky blue paint clinging on over rust - so the poor to indifferent quality doesn't matter so much, but having graded them, 6 if not 12 are good enough to finish as "new" I think :)  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 11 months ago #71331

Ideal for a scale garage
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 11 months ago #71401

Barrels all ready to be sprayed:

Also felt like make some more pallets, TBH the building takes minutes at most, all the time is in the prep , plus the painting afterwards.

I started by making some 9x14 forms from 3mm sheet, lots of cutting, bonding & sanding later, they look like this:

The se are then chopped into 10 and 14mm wide blocks.  With a load of 10 and 14 mm wide strips from 1.5mm sheet ...

... which make the top ...

... spacers stuck on the underneath ...

and the bottom strips:

Repeat until it feels like you've done enough :)

​​​​​​​
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 11 months ago #71408

Those pallets looks great!
I could not belive how wooden the pallet I got from you, felt.
Nearly the same weight as my balsa pallet as well. feels like it anyway..
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 10 months ago #71540

Barrels are done, ranging from quite smart to pretty rough :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 10 months ago #71541

wonderful work, i love the painted barrels.

Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 1 year 10 months ago #71544

They are amazing

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.