Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6718

Finally assembled the rads ... pity the fans didn't work out, but in the end I don't think they suck too badly:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6722

JR:
I have been away from this thread for too long, and when returning I cant believe my eyes!
Amazing work and skills, in addition to the stamina you have to make duplicates of everything.
Simply amazing!

Your "Builder Award" is hereby upgraded to gold! It's well deserved!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6723

BTW, my favorites are the TIG welders and the euro pallets! :y: :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6741

BTW, my favorites are the TIG welders and the euro pallets! :y: :y:

Thanks - i was quite chuffed with them myself :)

I've got some more tool chests on the go, after that I'd like to do some compressos - once I think of some way of doing the tanks :)

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6744

JR:
I have been away from this thread for too long, and when returning I cant believe my eyes!
Amazing work and skills, in addition to the stamina you have to make duplicates of everything.
Simply amazing!

Your "Builder Award" is hereby upgraded to gold! It's well deserved!

-Lars

TBH I don't think "stamina" has much to do with it - thanks to a long term injury/illness that's been "chronic" since July 2010 & "acute" since August 2011 I really can't do very much for very long at all.

For instance, yesterday I managed to put my own socks on, do about 15 minutes sanding, "make" some soup, walk 200 yards at a resonable pace, spend another 15 minutes putting those rads together - and that was the best day I've had in several weeks, if not months ... even though I'm paying for it today. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no pain & 10 being the time I ate something with ketchup on 2 days after having my tonsils out, I was up to a 9, maybe 9.5 earlier.

I won't say that having some small projects on the go, and a small bunch of likeminded enthuisiasts to shoot the badword with is the only thing that's kept me from opening my wrists up (down, not across) - but it's been a big part of it :)

Money is extremely tight now, I've been making extras in the (probably misguided) hope that by selling them, it'll pay for the one I keep.

Anyway, I don't like to whinge - although I have got quite good at it :S - I just wanted to say thanks, again :)

... and I do appreciate the irony of the first "gold" builder award on a vintage Tamiya RC car site is for building things that mostly aren't Tamiya, vintage, or even RC :D

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #6746

Keep up the great work, Jonny. :y:
If someone here deserves a builder award in gold, it's you.
Hope your health will see better days again...

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #7257

Finished the mk.2 tool chests ... not that different from the mk.1, but the two halves are seperate & I used M4 stainless cap head screws as "castors" ...

Time to think about selling some of these ... thought I'd try it as a "set" of a mk.2 TIG welder, trolley & gas bottle, mk.2 oxyacetylene set, mk.2 tool chest set & a pallet ... price is still up in the air though ...

Attachments:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #7281

Jonny,

Simply awsome, every thing is to scale and spot on recreation.
I found a guy on a Drift site that also builds scale RC equipment that could provide ideas and other insperation if it helps, i'll try to find a link.

All the best and keep up the great work when money allows :)

GING

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #7282

Jonny,

Link as promised, hope it gives you more ideas :)

www.drccentral....opic=21525

All the best,
GING
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 2 months ago #7283

Jonny,

Link as promised, hope it gives you more ideas :)

www.drccentral....opic=21525

All the best,
GING

Great stuff - really taking it to the next level :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.