Keyword

TOPIC:

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 3 months ago #73583

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 3 months ago #73584

Very realists Jonny. Congratulations. Your work is better every time.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 3 months ago #73588

indeed, impressive.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73722

Still haven't moved the Beetle kit from where I parked it on Christmas Day, but I did feel like doing something with the 3 spare Willy heads that I'd already painted the faces of.

As I'd never painted any Willy drivers in the uniform as found on the Wild Willy prototype, a trio of them wouldn't be much more effort than one - and would be a bit less effort than thinking what else I could do them as ...

The prototype Willy - note grey front shock tops, chrome rollcage light bowls  & lack of holes in the rear arm pivots among other details on the chassis, and on the driver, different head angle, different clothing colours, and a brassard on the left arm.

Masking helmet for blue paint, multiple coats of blue airbrushed on, and masking peeled:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73723

Masking for red paint, a few coats of red, and masking peeled again. This is as far as I've got on the helmets.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, GToddC5

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73725

Making the wedges to change the head angle - cut out round to fit the collar gap, mark and drill hole; chop off rear portion; sand remainder at an angle & glue in ...

I'd intended the gloves to be a much paler grey & the boots a bit less red, but otherwise I'm quite happy with the bodies :)

I can't say whether this brush soap works on everything it's claimed to, or works any better on water base & "hybrid" acrylics than Fairy liquid, but I've found I'm inclined to clean each brush after use now  - I used the same two brush over & over again here, rather than use like 13 & throw them in a mug with a load already in, and get fed up with the 2 hours it would take to clean them all...  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, GToddC5

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73861

In hindsight I probably should have started by drawing up the black stripes, then I could have mirrored them & made all 3 helmets exactly the same, basing the shape of the red & blue sections off them - instead of having to trace them all individually & cut out 6 slightly different sets 

Also in hindsight, I wonder if the different head angle on the prototype is down to a bent screw rather than a later change - that car looks pretty beat up...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73862

How good do they look :) Nice work JR.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73866

i can only repeat what Andy said, they look great.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 1 year 2 months ago #73881

Amen to that!
The following user(s) Liked this: Steffen

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.