Keyword

TOPIC:

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 6 years 1 week ago #49497

The Willy head, can it be bought seperate, or do you need the whole figure sprue to get it?

You have to buy a whole sprue, part #54496 (full body/Wild Willy type with winch & NOS bottle) or # 54531 (torso/Willy's Wheeler type).

The head is moulded better on the full figure type + doesn't have the screw hole in the back or the internal structure, but that is actually quite useful if you're doing this mod.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 6 years 1 week ago #49503

Thanks for the great tips :y: :y:

Carry on with those awsome figures :)

I'm only have the Hornet type driver in my collection, so time to by some figures.
Need some for my scale builds too :)

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 11 months ago #49989

Started work on the driver figure for my Combine project, some of the colours/processes were the same for the Osbourne head/Willy torso drivers so it made (some) sense to do them at the same time - but being more simple they got finished first.

I did the Willy head/Osbourne body figures' faces at the same time as the Combine driver face too, but apart from eyebrows these won't get any more attention until I find a specific role for them.

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, stingray-63, AndyAus

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 11 months ago #50338

Had these on eBay (UK) for 10 days, maybe I was a little ambitious with the prices to start with, but I dropped them 1 GBP a day up to the point I was only just going to break even after eBay fees, Paypal fees, packing materials & postage were taken into account.

I guess there's a reason why no other lefover drivers like this a have been seen before, despite the numbers of converted Osbourne figures - everyone else thinks it's a crap idea :(

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 11 months ago #50358

Meanwhile, this looks familiar :whistle:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 11 months ago #50369

Cool that someone set a price on your (willy) head (and body) :D :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 11 months ago #50375

Cool that someone set a price on your (willy) head (and body) :D :y:

I'm not sure I appreciate the retrospective upgrade to "professionally painted" though, it's not a claim I'd ever make for myself as there are people that do figure painting far, far better than me - for example Rob (IBIFTKH) on TB, and he just does it for fun ...

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 6 months ago #52205

More Mezco Osbourne figures - I won't say they were a great price, but they were an OK price, and the Jack figures don't come up very often any more, at any price. Not really sure why I got them as I still haven't done anything with the 3 last 3 I did the head swappery on :whistle:

Full figure Willy drivers from Modelsport were the cheapest/quickest way I could get Willy heads at the moment - 3 for head swaps with the Osbourne figures above, 3 because I regret selling my Air Cav, Lumberjack and Stunt Car Racer Willys, and 1 for spare .. I had better get a move on with these as the weather is turning very autumnal :)

Attachments:

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 6 months ago #52209

Darn, nice score, must have missed those, been looking for ages now.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 5 years 6 months ago #52214

Darn, nice score, must have missed those, been looking for ages now.

Define "looking", these were on eBay UK (but with postage available to most of the civilised world) on a 30 day BIN listing, I had a search set up ("osbourne figure -buffy -bendable -keyring -10" -marvel -spiderman -12" ", European Union) so had an email notification the day after the lot was listed (and the following day)... even so I needed 3 days thinking time before I bought them ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.