Keyword

TOPIC:

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68812

That would almost convince me to get one! That vintage video style :-D!!!!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68815

Absolute gold   Love it :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68819

I really like the video... There was no promotional video in the shop I was going in France when I was young, Or maybe there was, but there was no sound... I saw those old videos when searching informations on models from the eighties, when I restarted rc this year... But I really like this... It's much more tempting than seeing a boring static picture of a rc car...
And while I was not sure yet for the blue wild one, with this video i'm almost sold... I'll probably get a unpainted body, and paint it with my own sauce and stickers like I did with almost all my cars, but I do no longer worry about the metal and silver parts, whiich I was looking forward in red and black initially... That totally vintage video nailed it...

At the end, it will all depend of availability for me. I have a Wild One in my wish list, this one or the red and black doesn't matter anymore :-)
I still have some slots for the 2022 wish list (I said my wife 4 kits in 2022, others will be restorations). I have sourced one of the kits already, and there will be a Wild One. That makes 2 slot remaining...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68820

I am a BIG Wild one Fan but had originally thought not to get one of these  I had thought the same about the Knights custom Sand rail conversion kit but of course have one of those now   It's just as well to as I've had Mr Knight over for a BBQ   My plan now is to sell a few of my Original (good condition but need resto) Wild Ones to free up space on the shelf and to fund the purchase :) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68821

I saw that sand rail from Knight customs and I like it... But yeah, Shapeways is expensive...
I made some cost estimations for a chassis printing on different sites, and Shapeways is definitely the most expensive one (about 6 times the cost of the least expensive one if I remember well). I'm not sure it is really a good thing for the ones on the Shapeways marketplace as generally, the fact of having people building, using, talking about it would generate traction, and you may sell 10 times more with a prices 3 or 4 times cheaper...
And that Sand rail 3D printed chassis is on my radar, but not in my wish list, at least for now... I have some other plans for the time being... That said, I would love to design one chassis by mysefl (for sure I'll do at some point, but not before the project I have in mind right now, and probably after the Nichimo Spirit FF restoration)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68824

Andy you're not a wild one fan. You're addict😂
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68826

I have one on pre order at Tower, should be here in Nov. Comes with prepainted body so it should be a fun build over the Winter. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68827

I have one on pre order at Tower, should be here in Nov. Comes with prepainted body so it should be a fun build over the Winter. 

The way pre-orders have been going here for other releases, taking ages or not coming at all  I think I'll wait until they are actually available ;) 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68836

I love the retro vibe promo video.
The voice of that fella reminds me strongly of one of them on the Power Nation Youtube channel (car builder channel)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68839

Hey Andy, you hit the nail on the head! Been taking a while for sure. Tower is pretty good though its still hit or miss. This one's gonna be my first experimentation with a brushless motor so it may all burn to the ground before I'm done! LOL
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.