Keyword

TOPIC:

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69333

Well.... In France, there is shops in which it is not displayed one the webpage. So ultimately for those in this case:
- either they will receive soon and will only display on the website as in stock (very well possible)
- either they keep it for their usual walk'in customers or "special customers"
- either they would simply not having them (I believe it is unlikely that they don't receive at least a few, unless they did not ordered for - which is still possible)

Jonny, not sure you have shops around you in this kind of situation with Tamiya cars in the shop with no WOBM on the webpage, but if it is the case, it might be worth trying to call them :)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69334

Just scanned Ebay real quick and the only ones available are parted out and based in the UK so it looks like it is already out over there????

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69335

Unfortunately, it seems that it is a spreading business model :(

I guess this is almost unavoidable. When each shop opens pre-orders, I guess the guys did actually pre-ordered in more than one shop, may be even more than one. The time comes the delivery, and they start to part out the kit and resell them to profit of the temporary rarity of those kits. That is one the reason some shop do not open pre-orders on their web sites, as they are totally against the speculation being done there...

The only solution against that would be that Tamiya managing pre-orders to ensure no one can key more than one (or at least limit the risk for that)... And the fact that many people (whom I am part of) rediscovered rc thru the pandemic situation is clearly bringing much more demand than back in 2019 or before....

That being said, from the discussion I got with Kyosho dealers, some of them complained that big shops are keying orders far long in advance, and when deliveries happen, they can't have kits for their customers... Not sure how the complaints would change anything on the way the importer would manage the orders, but somehow those situation should not be even visible for the final customers....

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69337

Not sure about the financial feasibility shipping wise but Tower Hobbies in Chicago usually gets stuff pretty quickly.... 

Tower Hobbies do not ship internationally atm sadly.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69338

That's too bad....☹

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69374

I won't be able to get my Wild One before next week-end, and I have some doubts I have a chance to open the box before xmas. Someone dropped me key measurements on Facebook, so I worked out something to attach rear lights and a license plate, and published that to Thingiverse.
Tamiya Wild One - rear led holders by silvertriple - Thingiverse

If you have both the wild one and a 3D printer available, you may try this, and let me know if it works (and if you could do some pics, it would be even greater if I can share them on the Thingiverse page with proper credits)... In the case it does not work, I would be interested to see the pictures so I can rework my parts :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69376

I found one on eBay yesterday at 285 GBP - and 275 GBP on the model shop’s website :) 

I hadn’t appreciated that the body was precut _and_ prepainted, which would really limit my chances of it not looking like everyone elses, and I hadn’t really considered just how much of a price premium there was over, say a regular Wild One, or even something more complex like a Hot Shot. 

As a Christmas build, would I really enjoy it that much more than one of those alternatives? Would I really find it to be 2 & 2/3rds as much fun as the cheapest, genuinely in UK stock Tamiya kit I could find, that has the possibility of personalisation (currently the M-05 NSU TT at a gnat’s under 103 GBP - posted, with ESC)? 

The answer – was no, I wouldn’t. So I bought an NSU TT instead :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69378

To be honest, I'm bugged by the pre-painted body. That's clearly not fun. But the Wild One was on my list. The thing is the more I see it, the more I like those metal plated parts.

There is a few things that bugged me, but I'll work those around...
- the yellow light buckets... I will put some others, and not sure what I'll do with those light buckets. They are not as realist as others, and even painted inside with Molotow Liquid Chrome effect paint, they look meh at best. Work around to be planned with nice light buckets (either black, either chromed)
- the blue paint. I see two options : keep it and cut my own vinyls to put on top of the bodyshell or get a second body shell to do my own stuff. Some of the stickers may save me some time as I can take a scan and vectorize what I need (I have another set of colours in mind).

And those two points are bugging me even more as I see pictures of this Blue white and yellow car almost everywhere on Facebook right now. I can't imagine the mess if you get more than one car in the same place to run. And basically, I don't buy to keep them on the shelf, so my car will run and has to be distinguishable easily, one way or another :-D. Ultimately, that gives more challenges :-)

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 3 months ago #69484

Did a quick test print of my parts for the wild one, and tested on the roll cage...The simple part works out of the print directly... However, I'm not yet satisfied by my design with the license plate holder. I need to rework it slightly. The license plate orientation should be more vertical (1 or 2 degrees), and the zip tie attachement slightly larger. I will rework the stls tonight and publish those as final once done... But without car picture at this stage...

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 3 months ago #69686

I don't know how many of the 45th anniversary Porsches were bought to be built, including that model my list of eBay scalpers over the last 2 weeks is up to 29. I haven't really been trying that hard either.

Although to be fair, there were 3 Blockheads pennies under 350 GBP, it could be said that those sellers were merely profiteering.

:S

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.