Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Richard's Lunchbox snowrun from today. 2 years 4 months ago #69409

Just a small video from me having some fun.
The other clips was not that good.
Studded tires do work 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's Lunchbox snowrun from today. 2 years 4 months ago #69420

Running great with those spiked tyres. I had the monster beetle tyres on mine but the rims are spinning in the tyres so not much acceleration. All our snow has gone now better for the real cars as our road was dangerous.  I remember the Capri being rubbish for losing the rear end if there was a cloud in the sky, you wouldn't dare even go out in the snow as you were guaranteed to get stuck. My 1275 mini was the best :) 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Richard's Lunchbox snowrun from today. 2 years 4 months ago #69422

Running great with those spiked tyres. I had the monster beetle tyres on mine but the rims are spinning in the tyres so not much acceleration. All our snow has gone now better for the real cars as our road was dangerous.  I remember the Capri being rubbish for losing the rear end if there was a cloud in the sky, you wouldn't dare even go out in the snow as you were guaranteed to get stuck. My 1275 mini was the best :) 

Gluing tires are a must when winter driving.

I ran 185/70-13 studded tires on all my Capris in the winter.
Usually I drove past new cars in steep hills with mine.
My 79' 3.0S had LSD axle which was very fun in the snow.
Have never understood the bag og cement comment as my Capris were planted on ground unless provoked, Never do all my Capri friends. I have been in the club for 25 years.
On slippery surface I prefer a rwd car over a fwd.

The worst car I've owned was a 4x4 Sierra.
That was useless on slippery roads.

My current Volvo V40 got new winter tires up front a couple of months ago, and yesterday was the first day I got them tested.
Worked great. The rear tires are not that great so the rear end slides in sharp cornes, which I do like. If there is anything I hate it is understeering.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's Lunchbox snowrun from today. 2 years 4 months ago #69442

The grand finalie when it goes all the way up that road, and flips over.  Such a facepalm moment 

Oh, and on full size cars......  FWD, large iced over carpark, and lots of handbrake usage 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.