Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74403

The prototype of my Universal Marui Gear (Mod 0.8) set is arrived...
[///.... Removed on the request of a moderator as it was duplicated although with e very subtile difference with the post in the Marui Super Wheelie & Big Bear Thread... Hopefully, this is not the same anymore ///]
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74405

Congrats marc for this tree.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74464

I got the resin printer (Anycubic Photon M3) and the post processing station (Anycubic Wash and Cure Plus) delivered today. It followed resin (some ABS like resin and some flex resin - I'll give more precision while moving forward on the tests I want to do : before I need to learn how to deal with resin printing).

While awaiting the Bambu Lab X1C Combo (it's not shipped yet), i rethought enclosure and work plan area for my printers, and storage for the resin, filament and printing tooling.
Searchiing for enclosure, I found a very clever and cheap way to build enclosure for Prusa i3 MK3S+, with IKEA Lack tables... The Ender 5 plus is too big for that, but there is a bigger table which could accomodate this. That is the new plan. There will be still a cabinet, but it would be more dedicated to storage than anything. The X1C is enclosed, and my current plan is to make it sitting on top of the Ender 5 plus enclosure (where I'll add cooling for when I print PLA). In the case the X1C is too noisy, I'll set another enclosure on top of the first one...

Beside this, I also started to look at Bambu Studio (the slicer for the Bambu Labs printer). It's a fork of Prusa slicer, and there is some very smart way to paint objects...

That is going to feed some interesting and funny ideas :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74469

I just received a notification indicating the X1C/AMS combo is on the way... I'm super excited (I think i'll check ten times a day the tracking until it arrives :-D)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74471

I'm sure that your office room will ended to a printing room. ;)
can't wait to see your new materials and receive a sample  :p

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74474

I’ve been watching some more youtube videos on this machine. It seems the makers are wanting to hear all the negative things about so they can improve and make the printer better. That is good to see. A couple of reviewers have even commented that their review unit had upgrades because other reviewers. So upgrades are coming in at a fast pace.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74475

Yeah... it seems as well that many printer farms owner are replacing their Prusa and Creality to increase their throughput, plus other third parties upgrade as well, so it sounds really good. There is a lot of users already: in some of the groups, there is people mentionning having multiple X1C and P1P...

Seems they really disrupted the market, and the first result of that was Prusa droping a survey to their customers asking what they would like to see in the i3MK4 (that never happened that way in the past).

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74476

My wife put the treadmill on sale last week, there was a lot of them on the ad site, I thought it would take a bit of time to sell... She put it at a good price, but not too high. One week after we had few proposal. Honestly, I did not thought it would be out of the place so fast. It's gone, now, and you can see here the area dedicated to my Printing/Plotter space :

Yes I know, it is empty :-). I'm so happy it is empty right now :-). I will get the furniture to install everything, and this probably in the course of the current week. I could try to start the Anycubic Photon M3 now, but I'll probably wait I have a decent work area to work on... The X1C Carbon Combo is probably going to arrive during the week and if not very early during the following one...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74477

I've opened the boxes I received yesterday morning

I checked the resin printer UV exposition is working, and leveled the bed. This is far easier than for a FDM printer : loose the 4 screws on the side of the bed, put it in place, add the paper on the screen and z-home the bed. Then tighten the screws making sure the bed is  set against the paper sheet. I could have started a print test, but I won't today. I may have not ordered enough IPA, as this is required for the post processing : the wash and cure station has a big box, much bigger than the what I was thinking initially (IPA is not that expensive on amazon, when bought on big quantity and when you are not in an hurry to get it).

So everything is out of the boxes, I will have just to move them to the right place when I will have sourced everything and built everything...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by silvertriple.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74478

Top tools.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.