Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56656

Hi all, beginning to prep and collect parts for a hotshot 1 restoration. It looks like the previous owner has at some point replaced the front driveshaft with what looks like the thinner boomerang type.
Looking for any suggestions or advice on where I can source a pair of original replacements (the thick alloy type)
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56658

Are these what you're looking for? >> ebay

Last edit: by uncletom.

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56665

Not quite, pic below of what I'm looking for. I've found a pair on ebay, but asking silly money to import from the US
Attachments:

Last edit: by Mcoope19.

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56678

Here is a set on ebay. Note there is one rear and one front in each bag.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56683

Thanks Larbut, based on your comment I took a closer look and removed the rear dogbones, and to my surprise have discovered that the previous owner had fitted a front dog bone to the rear, so I actualy have one of each. So if the pack includes one front and one rear then will be the perfect solution! Might bite the bullet and order a pack. :y:
Attachments:

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56684

What you have there is a Hotshot Mk.1 front driveshaft. The single groove on each end of the alu-tube says so.
The initial release of the Hotshot 1 is often referred to as "Mk.1", since then some parts were changed during production ending up in what we now call the "Mk.2" (not to be confused with the much later reissue Hotshot)
The Mk.1 front dog bones are, if I remember correct, slightly longer than the Mk.2, so you should be fine to order the Mk.2 (double grooves) as listed on ebay.
You should read this article and inspect your Hotshot if' it's a Mk.1, Mk.2 or something in between.
tamiyabase.com/...hotshot-ii
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Hotshot 1 front driveshafts 4 years 6 months ago #56821

Thanks, thats a great article. Based on this, and taking a closer look at the gearboxes, looks like it started life as a Mk.1, but has had some work to the front end, which may explain the replacement of the driveshfts.
I'm currently finishing my Fox restoration (which is very much a hybrid). But armed with this Hotshot article, I'm now very tempted to give it a go and try to get the hotshot back to 100% vintage condition (as a shelf queen)! Thanks for the info.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.