Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66256

959 aren't so hatd to find but cost an arm and an eye....
thanks Marc
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66287

its dont cost a lot at all u just need to find the right people
like the other day i got a set of gears for the 959 right
its cost me 20aud thats 15usd on ebay its like 80usd plus 200usd because i got the celica center diff as well
they all so chucked in the 2 thrust bearings
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66361

Another main part found in my motors box. I don't know if it is a technigold because the sticker is missing but it is my most powerfull one.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66377

It looks a bit more silver than a orginal Technigold which are gold ish.
Orginal Technigold motors have braided wires, but those could have been replaced at some point...

Could be a Graupner motor??

Edit: Could be a Technituned or Technipower as those has a more pale gold color on the can..

tamiyabase.com/parts/887
tamiyabase.com/parts/892
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66385

It has been used by a friend in competition. And yes a little clearer than a new one. Maybe a technipower or tuned but surely a tamiya. The wires had warm sure :D

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66528

A more corect motor for the project. A real technigold. In really good state inside. I only rewired it. A test on the shinwa motor tester gave 17000rpm with 1,7A. And a max at 18000rpm.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66529

i wouldnt use the motor i would use a 540 motor because the brushes are costly and 2 less power is really a good thing for this car because it less likely u crash the thing

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66531

When I'll find one, it will have only 1 slow run to see. But too afraid by a wall...

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66532

i wouldnt use the motor i would use a 540 motor because the brushes are costly and 2 less power is really a good thing for this car because it less likely u crash the thing

Technigold motor IS a 540 motor and that was what the 959 and Celica came with.
It's not that fast, a Sport Tuned has about the same speed but the Technigold has more torque.
And furthermore, the 959 chassis can not take any 540 motor as it uses special spacer on the end to clamp the motor down.
The 959 do not use two motor screws to hold down the motor as most other vehicles...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

959/celica grB 2 years 10 months ago #66546

hey bro caprinut
have a look at this one motor
motor from the tamiya clod buster and others its from
any way thanks for your in put
but u have to wire it up different cant be just straight back

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.