Keyword

TOPIC:

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25646

I was going to bid on this until i noticed his P+P,£50! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stevieg.

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25648

Wow...this one looks....pretty destroyed !
I love those 3 speeds... but there is too much work to get it right, at least to me.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25649

I see what you mean :blink: I don't see how anyone could justify more than 15GBP UK postage on that, even if you do have to pay 10% Final Value Fee on postage ...

Remember you can report excessive postage costs ... just don't expect eBay to make it easy for you, or necessarily to do anything about it :huh:

The process is: click on "Report Item" on the listing, on the next page juggle every permutation of options to find the one you want, then a second and possibly third time to find the one closest to what you want to report, e.g. in this case I guess it would be to select "Listing practices", "other listing practices policy violations", "shipping related charges" so you can report "The listing has excessive shipping or attempts to circumvent maximum shipping costs set by eBay.", then "Continue", then "Send Report".

eBay will then apply some arcane metric to the report ... I have no idea of the maths but I'm pretty sure employing as few staff as possible to deal with stuff like this to increase profits is at the heart of it :whistle:

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25652

I see what you mean :blink: I don't see how anyone could justify more than 15GBP UK postage on that, even if you do have to pay 10% Final Value Fee on postage ...

Remember you can report excessive postage costs ... just don't expect eBay to make it easy for you, or necessarily to do anything about it :huh:

The process is: click on "Report Item" on the listing, on the next page juggle every permutation of options to find the one you want, then a second and possibly third time to find the one closest to what you want to report, e.g. in this case I guess it would be to select "Listing practices", "other listing practices policy violations", "shipping related charges" so you can report "The listing has excessive shipping or attempts to circumvent maximum shipping costs set by eBay.", then "Continue", then "Send Report".

eBay will then apply some arcane metric to the report ... I have no idea of the maths but I'm pretty sure employing as few staff as possible to deal with stuff like this to increase profits is at the heart of it :whistle:

Just reported it,out of interest to see if anything happens as much as any reason,i won't be holding my breath though ;)

Last edit: by stevieg.

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25653

Hasn't even got the body included!

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25654

same guy got a nice Pumkin too, same price no body :blink:

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25659

Just reported it,out as interest to see if anything happens as much as any reason,i won't be holding my breath though ;)

Some people can't be bothered to work out postage costs properly, so just guess a figure and tend to leave a "safety margin". It is also possible he asked UPS/Fedex etc for a shipping quote, which probably would cost close to £50.

If you are interested in the item, message the vendor and ask him if you can arrange your own courier. I use Interparcel and can get next-day UPS for about £12 (inc VAT). You pay for it on the website, the site emails you the shipping docs, you forward them to the vendor and he prints them and puts them on the package.

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25661

Just reported it,out as interest to see if anything happens as much as any reason,i won't be holding my breath though ;)

Some people can't be bothered to work out postage costs properly, so just guess a figure and tend to leave a "safety margin". It is also possible he asked UPS/Fedex etc for a shipping quote, which probably would cost close to £50.

If you are interested in the item, message the vendor and ask him if you can arrange your own courier. I use Interparcel and can get next-day UPS for about £12 (inc VAT). You pay for it on the website, the site emails you the shipping docs, you forward them to the vendor and he prints them and puts them on the package.

This fella seems totally random with his postage,he is currently also auctioning a Blackfoot and is only asking £10 postage for that.He also had for auction some cigarette lighters which finished yesterday,some of them the postage was about £3.00 and others were £15 postage,exactly the same size,weird.

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25708

:huh: In the militaria it is the same. 10 years ago some pièces nobody wanted them. Now they are at more than 1000€. I think that now traders are on the vintage rc and the militaria :sick:

How much???!!!! 10 years 6 months ago #25716

same guy got a nice Pumkin too, same price no body :blink:

Also, if you look closely on the Pumpkin pictures, it looks like the blisters are empty.
Could be that he's used an old box and stuffed it with new (reissue?) parts.
Other signs: Tires are on rims, inner box in bad condition.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.