Keyword

TOPIC:

How much???!!!! 9 years 1 week ago #34122

Haven't posted here in a while, but something that recently amused...

www.ebay.com.au...41944338ee

To recap: This was originally listed for $2800. I wrote to the seller suggesting this was way above the usual rate. He sent back some abuse that suggested he had a serious screw loose. And promptly doubled the price to $5000.

Many months later it has dropped to $1400, and now has this...

"I am downsizing my large Kyosho and Tamiya collection. Kyosho Japan and japanese collectors have bought 1/2 of my collection. Have 3 of these turbo scorpions left and this is the best one."

I find it difficult to believe that Kyosho Japan would have purchased anything from someone in Australia, when NIB Turbo Scorpions can be bought on Yahoo Japan at a rate of about one per month, for two-thirds this price.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This looks interesting 9 years 6 days ago #34157

<www.ebay.com.au...2c99fb1369>

Are you kidding me!

Cheers Vincenzo

This looks interesting 9 years 6 days ago #34158

:laugh: they are made in black diamond. that is a bling bling hop up.

How much???!!!! 9 years 6 days ago #34159

50€ for 5 cars, hot shot, frog, avante, hornet and a grasshopper :woohoo:
more on delivery

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34160

:woohoo: amazing deal Waterbok :y:

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34161

1:100 scale coffee can cars?

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34163

not that small, but all with remote. :cheer:

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34164

wow 130€ for a swb willy and 156€ for a nice wheeler

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34165

wow 130€ for a swb willy and 156€ for a nice wheeler

That's well below average for the SWB & TBH I can't really see why - I can see it doesn't have the MSC resistors & I'm suspicious about whether the mechanism box has any, umm, mechanisms in it :whistle: I know the seller says they have done some work on it but it general it looks in fairly original un-buggered about with condition. That's important to me, I'd rather fix up a total shed with original damage than redo someone elses half-arsed work.

Your post was the first I've seen of this car - despite having an international search set up & getting daily emails; it's no good the seller saying "International bidders are welcome" if the listing is invisible to them - and that will be down to the seller excluding specific postal regions, rather than just not adding international post options. Still, 28 bids including a few snipes is a healthy enough, so I guess it just falls within the "normal" randomness of eBay final values.

The Wheeler though - I'm wondering if that's just the usual effect that re-releases have on the original versions (to summarise my theories: re-releases have little to no effect on NIB & very good originals, some on good ones, but a really punitive effect of the value of poor & average cars). That wheeler looks good & reasonably complete on first inspection, then you start to notice the issues - badly painted details in suspiciously fresh looking paint, the very clean metalwork on the chassis not matching the wear on the tyres, the missing resistor pack & driver, the new motor, servo & battery, the broken bumper, the stupid antenna, the seller sating the radio gear and speed control are missing ... you get the idea, and it starts to look a lot like you could have a modern version of the car from the same money that no-one has buggered about with.

Again, this one didn't appear in my searches, but 13 bids is a reasonable level of interest so maybe that's all it was worth. Although that argument would perhaps hold more weight if I hadn't come to two different conclusions based on similar data ;)

Take look at this Wheeler for example, this is now up for sale for the 2nd time, and a couple of months ago I think that would have been snapped up at that price, even if it's not to my taste (I wouldn't have just sprayed over the damage to the left headlight & missing left bonnet vent for instance, and I'd have come up with some sort of theme for the paint/decals, and I'd like to have seen it with headlights, front bumper, splitter & bracket, etc) ... Now it looks like an awful lot of money compared to a re-re kit :(

edit 21apr15 - sold, "best offer accepted" - so no idea of what it actually went for.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 days ago #34166

Last edit: by yellowcat.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.