Keyword

TOPIC:

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #48999

I got a new project at the weekend so decided to start stripping off the old paint.

So far so good until I thought I might need some more Mykal De Solv It Graffiti Remover.
Above is the only can I’ve managed to locate.
But what stopped me in my tracks was the £20.00 price tag.
When they used to be £6.00 max.

So have they stopped making it ?
Or do I need my glasses!!

I believe it was supplied by B&Q for around £10 when I bought some. I’ve since the highly recommended the water based one supplied by tool station.

The stuff you showed, I found it was very solvent based and stanlmthe House out, needed marks, especially when spraying. The water based graffiti remover didn’t create a solvent “mist”.

Hope that helps buddy?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49000

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I got a new project at the weekend so decided to start stripping off the old paint.

So far so good until I thought I might need some more Mykal De Solv It Graffiti Remover.
Above is the only can I’ve managed to locate.
But what stopped me in my tracks was the £20.00 price tag.
When they used to be £6.00 max.

So have they stopped making it ?
Or do I need my glasses!!

I believe it was supplied by B&Q for around £10 when I bought some. I’ve since the highly recommended the water based one supplied by tool station.

The stuff you showed, I found it was very solvent based and stanlmthe House out, needed marks, especially when spraying. The water based graffiti remover didn’t create a solvent “mist”.

Hope that helps buddy?

Cheers Rob. Much appreciated, I think there’s a Tool Station near the office, it’ll be a good excuse to get out at lunchtime.
I checked out B&Q, but the nearest one to me with any stock is over 20 miles away.
I spend enough time in DIY shops, but I’m not driving that far for the privilege.
Thanks again Rob. Have a good evening.

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49001

My pleasure mate, here's the product number. To clarify I have used this on the old bodies like Sand Scorcher and Countach.

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49002

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

My pleasure mate, here's the product number. To clarify I have used this on the old bodies like Sand Scorcher and Countach.

Thanks Rob, that’s a great help.
I’ve tried a few others which did absolutely nothing.

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49067

This is the stuff from tool station
It hasn’t met a paint it can’t remove yet, it even removed paint the brake fluid would not touch, I have found that it can vary a lot time wise how long you have to leave it on before it starts to work on different paints, some times 15 mins other times 3 hours, depends how much of a fight the paint wants to put up I suppose :S
Attachments:

How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49068

This is the stuff from tool station
It hasn’t met a paint it can’t remove yet, it even removed paint the brake fluid would not touch, I have found that it can vary a lot time wise how long you have to leave it on before it starts to work on different paints, some times 15 mins other times 3 hours, depends how much of a fight the paint wants to put up I suppose :S

Yup that's the stuff I always recommend. I took the pic down as i couldn't crop it correctly.

You look like you could use on the inside of that cup :woohoo:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Re:How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49071

You look like you could use on the inside of that cup :woohoo:

Hey thats patina, that is as much hard work as weathering your cars.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49080

Crikey! the cup has been corrupted by the dark side :laugh: :laugh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Re:How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49083

Best work coffees are drunk in this style of cups and sugar desolved with a dirty screwdriver. :p
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Re:How much???!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #49084

Best work coffees are drunk in this style of cups and sugar desolved with a dirty screwdriver. :p

You are correct Flo tho I tend to use a spanner to be honest :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.