Keyword

TOPIC:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19013

What interesting ebay items have you seen?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19015

Looks like a home-made one using motor pod, uprights, wheels from a Tamiya CS & SRB servo saver, chassis & bumper chopped from perspex (Or bits of fridge) looking at the way it's broken

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19017

It does have sort of a "salad drawer" look about it :blink: :laugh:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19019

Its a clear plastic chassis. I don't remember any chassis's that were clear. You can see the bumper through the chassis.

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19021

I'd say the clear plastic will be acrylic/perspex/polystyrene as lots of people go for the stuff cos it's easy to work with, cheap & widely available. Downside is it's impact resistance is really poor & it splits, cracks & shatters.

As far as I know, Tamiya 1/12 cars all had either GRP or aluminium chassis plates, so it's definately a dweeb-built

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19022

:) The only carI know wich has a clear chassis in stock version, is the 1/28th micro xpress. It is made all in lexan. :P

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19036

Well here's 1 I wouldn't attempt :ohmy: But what do you think? This looks like 1 for someone with JR type talent ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19039

As an original Scorcher shell with the wider/rounder fenders that would be worth saving - I'm not saying it's an easy fix as it would mean a lot of work, but it looks like the broken bits are still there, the holes in the fenders would be quite straightforward, it's a shame the sills have been cut but at least they're essentially flat ...

... the start price (+ the shipping within Australia) equates to 20 GBP - even with the "glass", Tamiya prices climbing ever higher, and assuming that genuinely vintage Scorcher parts are rarer than in Europe, that seems seems optimistic...

:)

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19054

Why what's so bad about it? Just wants a bit of glue & a polish....

Think my poor Celica's probably worse, it's in the que for some attention, along with a Ranger body I was given

Attachments:

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19058

:woohoo:
Eddrick, I love your Celica. Madmax look. :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.