Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49354

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Still Gixen users among us? It's been a long time since I sniped something and didn't even remember my login. The system seems to have changed a bit now. I still have a hard time crossing the threshold of giving up the eBay password to a third party. But I do remember it working quite well before.

Any feedback welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49387

TBH I gave up on Gixen a long time ago after it failed to put bids on a couple of items I wanted, would have won given what they went for, and was around to have bid on anyway - so felt a bit shafted when i got a very generic wishy-washy "explanation" saying some changes to eBay's API may have caused the problem - and not one scintilla of anything approaching apology.

I still snipe if it's something I really want, have the money for (rare) and actually remember to do it (very rare).

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49410

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Thanks, Jonny. Ended up not using it - and having no competition anyway.

General reminder to back up your computer. Preferably with Acronis or Paragon besides only the Windows image.
Having a hard time restoring the latter to a smaller SSD (120GB seemed the only affordable choice yet Microsoft is party pooper again, coming from 500GB HDD). Luckily I'm quite alright on having saved files externally at the point of this sudden hard drive failure.

Item's a reinstallation disk, not RC related (yet).

Last edit: by Edou.

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49635

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
At least that worked. And it's quick! Starting up Windows in the blink of an eye now.
First year to install it myself (and it's 12 gazillion updates) and to go the SSD speedway. Luckily it's half the price it was two years ago.

:cheer:

Edit - wazzup with the tiny front page font...

Last edit: by Edou.

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49646

It's on my to do list :)
Every software update resets the css changes I've made....

Edit - wazzup with the tiny front page font...

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49647

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I suspected as much. :-)

Anyone still sniping? 5 years 11 months ago #49663

I am ( still) trying not to buy more projects but you all know how it goes :laugh:
I have honestly never used a bid service and of course have missed out on some things over the years that I wanted but I just remind myself it's only stuff.......ya right! It was stuff I needed!!:laugh: :laugh:
I still find a lot of snipers out there, don't know how to tell if they are using a service but I find I have my best luck doing it in real time, bit more of a thrill when you get it right too :) .......only then do I think about how much I just spent :ohmy: , and with shipping these days...Oh boy, lets not even mention ebay's Global Stealing Program for me that pretty much adds a 25% premium to the price.....arrrrrgh!! :laugh:

I do wish there was a better option........ :unsure:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.