Keyword

TOPIC:

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51075

So, the pink motor for the Dyna Storm finally showed up.
This is what I bought, according to the eBay listing:

And this is what I got...

Is it a fake?
I can't help noticing the running pink paint on the motor... :angry: :angry:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51076

It looks more a pink acto than the first picture... and it is stampes tamiya on the end. I look if I find a pict of my black one.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51077

On all picts I saw on the net, it is a good acto power. The can on the first pict looks too young.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51078

And non vertical aérations...

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51079

Google source
Attachments:

Re:I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51080

I got two of those with a sticker.
Paint is/was quit unevenly on.
But think they are genuine.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51081

Ny main problem is that the listing used the top picture, which is the correct kit motor for the Dyna Storm re-re kit, which the listing also claimed.
But, I got a Actor Power which looks to be painted pink. Why else would the text sticker be missing? And the runny paint...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51082

Ah right rere was different.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51115

So, the pink motor for the Dyna Storm finally showed up.
This is what I bought, according to the eBay listing:

Lars, This painted motor, looks more to the super stock motor type S
Attachments:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51121

Hey all,
I agree the picture looked correct for the Dyna storm re-re, the little circuit board at the top is correct. I do hate it when sellers don't use a picture of the actual item being sold and I believe it violates eBay policy too if that is where you got it from. The other thing that is interesting is the motor has no resistors or leads soldered to it and looks like it never did, that is a bit odd I think? :unsure:
I have never run mine but I am told the re-re motor was not as good / powerful as the original pink motor and as the Dyna did not come with a motor originaly who is to say what is correct for one? If the price was really good for the motor you got and it works well perhaps it is a re-paint of some sort, just add one of MCI repro decals and run it, that's what I would do :y: . In fact even though it is not correct I was going to add the decal to my re-re motor to make it look better :cheer: . If you really want the re-re motor ( is your Dyna a second production or re-re? ) to be correct perhaps we can trade or something, I like the old techno motors and I have a decal for it ;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.