• Page:

TOPIC:

Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2670

Hi all,

I search for tires for my Wild Willy. I don

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2672

First of all - welcome! :)

I'll look around and see if I can find some good info on this subject for you... ;)

Edit : unfortunately the WW tyres are very specific so it looks like there's no real alternative to the originals :

Rc10Talk discussion

TC Wild Willy tyres topic

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2675

There are no other tyres that fit the Wild Willy M38 well - I tried Wild Willy 2 / Midnight Pumpkin / Lunchbox tyres, which requires cutting parts of the Wild Willy 2/etc wheels too, and cutting a slice out of the centre of the tyres - which then look wrong, and massively overgear the car, so the motor rusn very, very hot ...

A slightly better alternative is Sand Scorcher/Grasshopper rear tyres - the tread pattern is right, but they are much smaller, and need a lot of force to fit, and stuffing with foam to keep their shape ... they also undergear the car, so some top end speed is lost ...

The only real replacement option is the correct vintage tyres - which will be expensive and/or difficult to find, and quite possibly already rotten/cracked.

This is my Wild Willy M38 with Scorcher/Grasshopper tyres all round:

Attachments:

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2678

Looks good! Could be an alternative - even if it would be a tough job to fit them right. :cheer:
Finding a good way to heat them might help. A blow dryer maybe or a heat gun - carefully.
That'll make them stretch easier...

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2695

thanks for all your reply.

Now I was searching the web for around 2 weeks to find an alternativ tyre. And just after I have created this Post maybe I have found one :)

outside diameter: 88mm
inside diameter: 45mm
wide: 42mm

I have ordered 2 of them to try them. Is ist ok to post shop Links?

I don
Attachments:

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2702

thanks for all your reply.

Now I was searching the web for around 2 weeks to find an alternativ tyre. And just after I have created this Post maybe I have found one :)

Interesting ... they look like Subaru Brat / Pajero wheelie tyres, but without the writing on the sidewalls.

If so, the inside diameter is closer to that of the Wild Willy M38 wheels, so will make them an easier fit, but the outside diameter is still too small.

The width will be a real problem - they are narrower than the Wild Willy M38 tyres, and also narrower than the Sand Scorcher/Grasshopper rear tyres.

It seems there are no easy answers to replacement Wild Willy M38 tyres :(

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2721

I like the pattern! Looks like some good allround tyres - hope you'll be able to fit them!
They seem to be similar to the tyres of the FAV too although from the name of your picture I conclude they're Reely. :lol:

Is ist ok to post shop Links?

That shoudn't be a problem. As long as the shop is not selling copyrighted items or other illegal content. ;)
Should be interesting to know where you got them - especially if they match! :)

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 7 months ago #2756

just go over the picture those are reelyreifen or tires :P

standard blue C stuff.

problem with tires for M38 is fitting the tires on the standard 'beatlock' wheels.

pitty that no asian stores have them reproduced (like the bruiser tires) the aftermarket should be big enough to start a production.

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 6 months ago #2985

Hi,

now I
Attachments:

Re: Wild Willy M38 tyres 12 years 6 months ago #2986

It looks good for me :)

And me - nice work :L

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.