About the Kubelwagen Type 82
As WWII unfolded, it became obvious that Germany had its hands more than full, fighting on multiple fronts against the formidable forces of the Allies. The war of attrition with the British on the hot sands of North Africa; the brutal and seemingly never-ending conflict with the Russians on the frozen Russian Front; the battle for continental Europe; as well as defending the Fatherland from Allied attack, these were ambitious endeavours to say the least, and success called for vehicles which were both reliable and multipurpose in nature. Volkswagen's Kubelwagen Type 82 was just such a vehicle, and it soon became a salient feature on Wehrmacht battlefields.
Tamiya's RC Kubelwagen
Tamiya is proud to release the Kubelwagen Type 82 as a 1/16th scale RC vehicle. Just like the full-sized Kubel, Tamiya's RC version features rear-wheel drive and a rear mounted power plant. Front wheel independent suspension allows for smooth running over rough surfaces. Kit comes with transparent parts for instrument panel and taillights. Tamiya invites you to try your painting skill and give even more life to this highly detailed RC vehicle. The 40MHz band RC system is included in kit. And since this band differs from that of the 1/16 RC German Tiger I Early Production Version (Item 56010), you can run both kits at the same time!
• This RC assembly kit is based on the Kubelwagen Type 82, which was used extensively during WWII.
• Linear construction and reliable suspension system.
• Comes with one driver figure.
• Rear mounted motor powers rear wheels and front mounted motor powers steering.
• Equipped with king-pin suspension system on front.
• Batteries can be easily removed from chassis under surface.
• Two motors used for control of car.
• Kit comes with two channel transmitter.
• Realistic rubber like tires with authentic tread pattern.
• Two FA-130 motors included.
Separately required items (not included in kit)
• Transmitter requires one 006P 9V battery.
• Receiver requires four UM-4 (AAA) alkaline batteries.