This massive Tamiya R/C replica recreates the shape of the rather unique M551 Sheridan in 1/16 scale. The M551 was designed as airdrop capable armour with wading capabilities, a key concept as the U.S. took on the role of global policeman post-WWII. With an aluminium hull and rolled steel turret, it weighed just 15 tons, but had impressive firepower in the shape of the M81 152mm gun/launcher, which could fire standard rounds and MGM-51 Shillelagh missiles. The M551 was in service with active units from 1968 to 1996 and saw action in the jungles of Vietnam.
• Die cast components for suspension arms, sprocket wheels, idler arms and more offer excellent durability.
• Utilizes an aluminium gun barrel for superb accuracy.
• Offers a full range of movement: forward and reverse, a variety of turns, turret rotation and gun elevation. Suspension features a coil spring for each of the 10 suspension arms, giving the model excellent mobility.
• Firing of the main gun is accompanied by an LED flash, realistic recoil, and vehicle kickback. Machine gun also produces LED flashes when fired.
• Authentic engine and firing sounds were recorded from a full-size vehicle and are coordinated with model actions. A large speaker in the model ensures rich sounds.
• Turret upper section is secured by magnets, allowing hassle-free access to the electronics within.
• A plethora of lights are recreated, including the turret front searchlight. They can be operated via transmitter.
• Assembled link type tracks have elastomer recreations of the rubber pads for an authentic look.