About the TGR Chassis Kit
In answer to the demands of expert RC Engine drivers around the world, Tamiya is now releasing their highest performance Glow Engine Chassis to date, the TGR Chassis Kit. This state-of-the-art machine consists of a double-deck frame, with a carbon fibre upper deck and duralumin lower deck. With most of the mechanics positioned centrally, this chassis has been painstakingly designed for maximum overall balance. A urethane bumper is mounted on the front to effectively protect the TGR against collisions. Lightweight parts have been equipped in abundance to effectively lower the overall weight of the chassis, improving speed and cornering. Also included in the kit is the brand new FS-15RB engine, designed with "compactness" and "high power" as the key words. That power is efficiently transferred to the wheels by means of a propeller shaft equipped drive train. Four-wheel, double wishbone suspension adopts low friction oil dampers for smooth and reliable running. Full bearings are also included in kit, as are newly designed racing tires, stabilizers, and a two-speed transmission. The TGR Chassis Kit was based on extensive race data, and designed for expert racers everywhere. Please note that this kit does not use recoil starter, it requires the use of a starter box (sold separately).
• Chassis material: 2.5t duralumin+2.0t carbon fibre
• Chassis Type: Double deck frame Steering tie rods: three segments
• Suspension (front & rear): double wishbone suspension
• Castor angle (front/rear): 8°/0°
• Camber angle (front & rear): variable
• Toe angle (front/rear): variable/1.5°
• Dampers: front and rear low friction oil dampers
• Drive train: shaft driven full time 4WD
• Gear Ratio: 8.1:1 to 6.4:1 (7.5:1 to 5.6:1)
• Diff Gear System: three bevel diff. gear
• Engine: FS-15RB
• Displacement: 2.47cc
• Fuel tank volume: 100cc
• Muffler: TM-6
• Brakes: disc brakes
• Tire width (front & rear): 34mm
• Tire diameter: (front & rear): 73mm
• Tread pattern (front & rear): Slick
Separately available items (required)
• ADSPEC GT-II, or two channel RC system for glow engine cars and batteries.
• Appropriate glow engine fuel
• Fuel pump
• Power Champ HP1.5V Plug Heat Battery or equivalent battery
• Booster cable for use with plug heat alkaline batteries.
• TGX or TG10 Engine Starter Box or equivalent.
• For use with 1/8 scale RC car bodies.